Via on Jan 16, 2014

Don Draper: I don’t care if you work 10 seconds if you bring me something I like. We’re gonna do this right now.
[Peggy sighs]

Who knew productivity could be so simple?  (via Impact Hub Philly)

productivity

For more:

3 Surprising Things that Will Increase Your Productivity at Work by 30% Each.

4 Practical, Non-Spiritual Buddhist Tips for Dealing with Negativity.

An office enriched with plants makes staff happier and boosts productivity by 15 per cent (uq.edu.au)

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

About elephant journal

9 Responses to “No meetings, Take naps, Tune out the News, Ignore the Phone & 32 other Keys to Everyday Productivity.”

1. Javed says:

It was to the point, no nonsense! Guess what? I found it helpful and writing you back. Thanks

2. Baster says:

The only two things I would disagree with:

Discard clothing when you stop using it? Promoting that kind of wasteful, consumerist culture is very unproductive in the long run: we have finite resources. And very disrespectful to the Earth we continually ravage to create trash. An alternative would be to say donate or recycle or just by sustainable clothing in the first place.

And also, ignoring the news is irresponsible. Finding a reasonable and credible source that updates you about local and global issues is the only way we can be contributing members to society. There are plenty of members of the government who would support your statement: just ignore what we're doing with your tax dollars in our wars….

Otherwise, helpful post!

3. Tammy says:

I love the visual of this post as a nice change of pace from the standard list format that ej almost always uses. I also found it helpful. Thank you. : )

4. Steve says:

All good tips, thanks for sharing!

5. YS says:

Excellent
    thanx !

6. Shannon says:

7. @tastylife says:

I thought this was really awesome, the only thing I noticed that contradicted- was "eat healthy" and "get meals delivered" unless you meant, get your groceries delivered, I don't think most take out meals equate with healthy. Instead I would suggest cook more meals at home, or bring your lunch to work (to save time and money), but I would also add to not eat while you work, and instead take a break from "being productive" to slowly enjoy your meal with lots of gusto and no distractions ;)

8. Karen Monteith says:

Very good productivity map. Thank you. I agree with the above comment that "get meals delivered" is not a healthy option. Preparing ahead by cleaning veggies for some of the week or making home made soup and freezing some etc. would be a more productive and healthy option
    I feel the visual map is effective and very helpful with many great ideas.