Smiling makes us feel happier.
Believe it or not, research has shown that people who smile have more feelings of contentment and lower levels of stress as compared to people who don’t smile. Something about the very action of smiling makes your brain feel that there is something to celebrate!
In case you need something to smile about, here are my 10 favorite quotes to turn a frown upside down:
1. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ~ Dr. Seuss
2. Every smile makes you a day younger. ~ Chinese Proverb
3. A smlle is happiness you’ll find right under your nose. ~ Tom Wilson
4. A smile is something you can’t give away; it always comes back to you. ~ Anonymous
5. Smile, it;s free therapy. ~ Douglas Horton
6. Today give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. Everyone smiles in the same language. ~ Anonymous
8. Peace begins with a smile. ~ Mother Teresa.
9. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~ Phyllis Diller
10. A smile is the universal welcome. ~ Max Eastman
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Assistant Editor: Laura Ashworth/Editor: Bryonie Wise
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. My Marriage had to End—for my Life to Begin. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. The Day I Stopped Running. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012.