Smiling makes us feel happier.
Believe it or not, research has shown that people who smile have more feelings of contentment and lower levels of stress as compared to people who don’t smile. Something about the very action of smiling makes your brain feel that there is something to celebrate!
In case you need something to smile about, here are my 10 favorite quotes to turn a frown upside down:
1. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ~ Dr. Seuss
2. Every smile makes you a day younger. ~ Chinese Proverb
3. A smlle is happiness you’ll find right under your nose. ~ Tom Wilson
4. A smile is something you can’t give away; it always comes back to you. ~ Anonymous
5. Smile, it;s free therapy. ~ Douglas Horton
6. Today give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. Everyone smiles in the same language. ~ Anonymous
8. Peace begins with a smile. ~ Mother Teresa.
9. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~ Phyllis Diller
10. A smile is the universal welcome. ~ Max Eastman
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Assistant Editor: Laura Ashworth/Editor: Bryonie Wise
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,459 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 43,332 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,285 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 563 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 471 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 978 shares Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,344 share 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share Why Some Loves feel Unfinished, even After we’ve Let Go. 639 shares