It’s never been so easy to make homemade coconut milk and yogurt.
All it takes is a whole young coconut and a few minutes!
- 1 whole young coconut (flesh + water)
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla or any of other preferred spices
1. Crack open the coconut and pour the water into a jar.
2. Scoop the flesh and place into a high speed blender.
3. Pour some of the coconut water into the blender with the flesh.
4. Add more or less water to adjust the consistency of the milk. For a creamy milk, use less water. (I used about two cups of coconut water for one whole coconut flesh.)
5. Drink fresh, it’s delicious!
For coconut yogurt (instead of the milk), add less water into the blender as well as a tablespoon of probiotic (liquid or powder). If the consistency is too liquid, add some desiccated coconut and keep blending until a smooth consistency is obtained.
Leave the mixture to ferment for one to two days in the fridge and the result will be a nice creamy and healthy yogurt.
Want more recipes like this one?
Elephant journal readers can download a free copy of the Happy & Healthy People recipe book here.
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Assistant Editor: Dana Gornall/Editor: Rachel Nussbaum
Photo Credit: author’s own