It’s never been so easy to make homemade coconut milk and yogurt.
All it takes is a whole young coconut and a few minutes!
- 1 whole young coconut (flesh + water)
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla or any of other preferred spices
1. Crack open the coconut and pour the water into a jar.
2. Scoop the flesh and place into a high speed blender.
3. Pour some of the coconut water into the blender with the flesh.
4. Add more or less water to adjust the consistency of the milk. For a creamy milk, use less water. (I used about two cups of coconut water for one whole coconut flesh.)
5. Drink fresh, it’s delicious!
For coconut yogurt (instead of the milk), add less water into the blender as well as a tablespoon of probiotic (liquid or powder). If the consistency is too liquid, add some desiccated coconut and keep blending until a smooth consistency is obtained.
Leave the mixture to ferment for one to two days in the fridge and the result will be a nice creamy and healthy yogurt.
Want more recipes like this one?
Elephant journal readers can download a free copy of the Happy & Healthy People recipe book here.
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Assistant Editor: Dana Gornall/Editor: Rachel Nussbaum
Photo Credit: author’s own
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,436 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 25,254 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 32,798 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,099 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,272 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 530 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 450 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 984 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share