The 12 Sleeping Positions & What they say about Us.

Via on Mar 6, 2014

sleeping sex

I sleep on my side.

Both sides. I wake up with a tight neck. I like lots of space—cuddling is fun when awake but doesn’t allow me to go into deep sleep at night…except for that one ex-girlfriend, we spooned all the time. Hunh.

And you?

What Does Your Sleeping Position Say About Your Relationship?

Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.

Relephant Bonus:

7 Reasons to Try This Position in Bed.
11 Guilt-Free Benefits of Taking a Nap. (Plus, 8 famous nappers.)

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

About Waylon Lewis

10 Responses to “The 12 Sleeping Positions & What they say about Us.”

1. Kaale says:

Missing "head to feet" — indicative of fetish or snorer :)

2. zanmi says:

wish there was more on here w/ same-sex couples. there is alot of heteronormativity and it would be great for EJ to be more inclusive. thanks

3. Andy says:

“1% get more than 9 hours” , that sounds like me. I love being a student.

4. tishushu says:

Aren't these a bit presumptive? How about when one has a shoulder injury? Or one partner is on medication or sick? I mean its a cute info graphic, but eh…

5. perversecowgirl says:

Soooo if I'm the big spoon it means I'm nurturing, because vagina. Being protective is only for people with penises.

Science!

6. mlj says:

As inspiration for round II my boyfriend and I often wake up on our backs holding our hands above our heads, like otters.

7. Sarah says:

I sleep on my back…did I break the game? Plus what about men sleeping by themselves? So silly…

8. kristine says:

we sleep in seperate beds because of medical issues. but the nights we do share we are in sync with tossing and turning, usually keeping touch with any given body part. we do a tango of all these positions

9. Cindy says:

I think these are pretty good, depending on mood I use several of these.. My most comfortable is probably feet or legs touching, and that description was pretty accurate for me… I think the pictures are just representative(girl in the "alone" pic) to show the position, not meaning only for that sex..