The 12 Sleeping Positions & What they say about Us.

Via on Mar 6, 2014

sleeping sex

I sleep on my side.

Both sides. I wake up with a tight neck. I like lots of space—cuddling is fun when awake but doesn’t allow me to go into deep sleep at night…except for that one ex-girlfriend, we spooned all the time. Hunh.

And you?

What Does Your Sleeping Position Say About Your Relationship?

Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.

Relephant Bonus:

7 Reasons to Try This Position in Bed.
11 Guilt-Free Benefits of Taking a Nap. (Plus, 8 famous nappers.)

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

Join: Elephant’s Summer 2015 Academy: a Certificate Apprenticeship in Social Media, Journalism Ethics & Editing.

Facebook is in talks with major corporate media about pulling their content into FB, leaving other sites to wither or pay up if we want to connect with you, our readers. Want to stay connected before the curtain drops?
Sign up for our curated, quality newsletters below.

Incorrect source, offensive, or found a typo? Email us (please put title in subject bar of email so we'll be able to fix). Or do you want to write for Elephant?
{Waylon H. Lewis C Enterprises 2015: Use Rights in perpetuity. Ownership remains with author.}

About Waylon Lewis

13 Responses to “The 12 Sleeping Positions & What they say about Us.”

1. Kaale says:

Missing "head to feet" — indicative of fetish or snorer :)

2. zanmi says:

wish there was more on here w/ same-sex couples. there is alot of heteronormativity and it would be great for EJ to be more inclusive. thanks

3. Andy says:

“1% get more than 9 hours” , that sounds like me. I love being a student.

4. tishushu says:

Aren't these a bit presumptive? How about when one has a shoulder injury? Or one partner is on medication or sick? I mean its a cute info graphic, but eh…

5. perversecowgirl says:

Soooo if I'm the big spoon it means I'm nurturing, because vagina. Being protective is only for people with penises.

Science!

6. mlj says:

As inspiration for round II my boyfriend and I often wake up on our backs holding our hands above our heads, like otters.

7. Sarah says:

I sleep on my back…did I break the game? Plus what about men sleeping by themselves? So silly…

8. kristine says:

we sleep in seperate beds because of medical issues. but the nights we do share we are in sync with tossing and turning, usually keeping touch with any given body part. we do a tango of all these positions

9. Cindy says:

I think these are pretty good, depending on mood I use several of these.. My most comfortable is probably feet or legs touching, and that description was pretty accurate for me… I think the pictures are just representative(girl in the "alone" pic) to show the position, not meaning only for that sex..

10. judith hall says:

What about both on back sides touching?

11. Amber says:

Going to bed at different times of a poor relationship indicator? How about my husband and I are on different schedules and my dealing with a chronic illness makes me tire more easily than him. He’s always there when I wake up….usually sleeping butt to butt with our two cats between us.

12. Armando says:

My sleeping doesn’t define who I am.