Unprecedented Blue Moon in Aquarius: Now or Never.

Via
on Jul 26, 2015
get elephant's newsletter

Guian Bolisay/Flickr

“Once in a blue moon someone comes along that you’ll never forget.” ~ Unknown

On Friday, July 31st we will have a Full Blue Moon in the sign of Aquarius.

A blue moon is the term for the second full moon in the same month. The first full moon of the month was in Capricorn on July 1st, and now we are saying good-bye to this month of change with a special blue moon.

These full moons have been the bookends to the important lessons learned over the past month.

One of the most special aspects of this moon is that we won’t have another blue moon month until 2018. For many of us, we will be receiving our last bits of a long awaited wake-up call that actually began back in 2012, far before most of us were aware of the changes that were developing.

This cosmic event is unprecedented—it’s truly a month of transitions.

The skies have collided to physically slow all of us down. It seems that it is so easy for most of us to get caught up in our daily lives that we often feel we can push aside issues or decisions because it seems like there will always be more time—more chances.

This moon we are being asked to stop, look around and to see the bigger picture.

We are being asked to notice where in our lives we have been neglecting the truth, or what situations we have been putting off. It’s not easy to deal with life head on—but this moon isn’t only encouraging it, it is making it a requirement.

There is so much happening around this moon in terms of once-in-a-lifetime type chances. It’s as if we are all on the edge of something so big and we have to make the decision to take the path we’ve always taken—or to jump into the territory of new possibilities.

Because of Venus, the planet of love, going retrograde a week prior to this moon, there will be a heavy connection to romantic relationships. This isn’t about just any sort of love though—it’s about the kind of love that comes around only once in a blue moon.

The full moon will be shining a decadent light of truth deep within our hearts.

This will give us the opportunity to get  a good grasp on what is in our heart of hearts—if we don’t have our soulmate or twin flame as our lover, then there is a good chance we are aware of who they are, or may start to recognize them around this time.

Sometimes the most wonderful aspects of our lives can be the most terrifying—and that is okay, no one ever said greatness and easiness were one and the same. The thing we all have to remember, though, is that if it doesn’t scare us even a little bit, then it lacks the ability to be that once in a lifetime opportunity to change our lives for the better.

Nothing amazing ever comes from us staying in our comfort zones.

This is about opening our eyes to what is right in front of us—and knowing that some chances don’t come around every day.

Sometimes situations come down to now or never—this blue moon is showing us exactly what we are afraid of losing the most, and it’s challenging us to make the big moves necessary now.

While it is true that those people that are meant for us, that they won’t ever leave us—sometimes humans make the wrong decisions. We make choices based on fear, or try to do what we think is right instead of listening to our hearts.

It seems that so many of us the past few years have been making as many wrong decisions as possible, and while it has seemed difficult, and even painful at times—know that it was necessary, and all part of the divine plan.

Sometimes we really do need to experience everything that is wrong to know what is right.

As amazing as this moon will be, and necessary—it’s going to be one that challenges us on every single level. In the build up to this lunar event we may have been feeling restless, or have had an excess of nervous energy. Our pulses may have been racing, and it may have been harder for us to relax or fall asleep at night.

Our souls can sense that we are on the verge of something big—but it’s up to us to initiate change.

We are on the threshold of having massive pieces of the puzzle collide. There may be big changes or upsets in the status quo during the next several weeks. We may find ourselves acting in ways that only a few weeks ago we never thought possible, but Aquarius is lighting a fire inside of our hearts and daring us to break the boundaries that have held us back for far too long.

We can only deny ourselves of what we want the most for so long.

While we may feel anxious at all of the possible changes being presented to ourselves—know that the universe won’t bring us anything we aren’t ready for.

The truth of it is there is no such thing as the perfect time—so now is as good a time as any.

Everything that we have been going through the past year has been leading up to this moon. It’s the time of infinite possibilities, of desires bubbling over and manifesting themselves in our lives in ways we never thought possible.

No matter what has come in or out of our lives in the past few years, once in a while we are given the chance to have everything we’ve always wanted—we just have to make the choice now to not let it go.

Because certain chances only come around once in a blue moon.

Sources:

aeternalight-astrology.com

astrology-online.com

moontracks.com

Relephant Read:

Preparing for Venus Retrograde: Cleansing Rituals to Get Rid of Old Lovers & Bad Love Juju.

Author: Kate Rose

Editor: Emily Bartran

Photo: Guian Bolisay/Flickr

About Kate Rose

Kate Rose is an artist, free thinker, lover, writer, passionate yogi, teacher, mother, rule breaker and rebel. She can usually be found walking barefoot in the moonlight between worlds with the dreams of stars still hanging in her hair while swaying her hips to the music of life; smelling of sweet bourbon and honeysuckle. She lives for adventure and wakes each morning with the excitement of a new day waiting to unfold at her feet. She truly believes the best is yet to come and waits, with bated breath, to see what it may hold. Follow her on TwitterFacebook or Instagram, and find more of her words on her website

Comments

39 Responses to “Unprecedented Blue Moon in Aquarius: Now or Never.”

1. Vickie says:

Awesome article! Thanks have been waiting for it since your first mention of it earlier this month with the full moon in capricorn article – and it was as good as I hoped for. keep em coming!

2. Lynn says:

3. Jason says:

I feel as if my life has been slowly picked apart over the last few years, literally starting in 2012. I have experienced a lot of loss, particularly in my relationship where I discovered the one I thought to be my soul mate did not have the same feeling/intention towards me. It seemed that the deeper I dug into the true meaning of things, the more the reality around me crumbled. The slide seems to be over and new, previously thought to be unobtainable opportunities seem to be presenting themselves. Prior to reading this article, I had been struggling with whether or not the change that I was sensing was real or just me misinterpreting things again, however your words only serve to reinforce my insight. Thank you for helping me to sort and understand my feelings, I believe this Aquaria blue moon shall be most enlightening. :)

4. Claire says:

Oh wow, this is so poignant and will written. It’s as if this is the missing piece of the astrological puzzle I’ve been searching for. It explains everything. Those who are ready are finding and coming into union with their soul mates and it’s truly beautiful. I’ve found my true soulmate after a brutal and painful fifteen year search. The disillusionment from a false soulmate almost made me give up. I have to give everyone major credit for getting through these unprecedented times with your sanity and in some cases, bliss, intact. I’ve never been so in love, and I wish that for every single person on earth. If everyone could feel this, there would be peace on earth. So much love to you all! May you find that which is your deepest bliss.

5. Andy says:

The blue moon is an artifact of the human-made Julian/Gregorian calendar system. And due to precession of the equinoxes, the moon is located in Capricorn according the the sidrealist astrologers (and astronomers). Instead of looking to the sky for love advice, look within yourself.

6. Statistique says:

Hi! When astrologers say things like “The energies of this moon are only being magnified by Venus turning retrograde on the 25th, which is just one of seven planets slowing and turning retrograde the week prior to this lunar event.” do they think that the planets are actually slowing down and changing orbital direction like in pre-Copernican Revolution times or do they realize that what we see from here on earth is just an artifact of us not being at the center of the solar system? I am really curious if these statements are metaphors or real beliefs. Thanks in advance!

7. @Varuka says:

People actually believe in this garbage? Is it the 21st century or the 12th?

8. Jess says:

Right under the headline, "NON NEW-AGEY spirituality" :-(

9. Sara says:

Hi , Could you say more about this- it would help if you had more specifics. how will someone know what is once in a lifetime. I have a hard time with articles that ramp up but don't really help – I could get really amped up over what I might be missing – how about how to uncover what it is you really want?? This isn't intended to sound negative, but it is intended to express my frustration. Could you also please list the 7 planets that are retrograde rather than eluding to them. thank you
    Sara

10. Cindy says:

I have been an astrologer….student of astrology which is an infinite study…..for 40 years. If you want to test the validity of astrology, which, by the way, is calculated using a mathematical formula, have your chart drawn up by a qualified astrologer that you have never met. You might be surprised at what is revealed. I'm wondering if Waylon has tried this.

11. Padma Kadag says:

So called “Blue Moons” are dependent upon the current Julian calendar which is not a lunar calendar. The moon’s cycle is 29.5 days depending how you count. So, to me, the so called Blue Moon is nothing, in that it is not a naturally occurring phenomena. It is man-made due to an earlier arbitrarily accepted calendar. All of this attributing this or that effect on the human psyche is only conceptual.

12. butch says:

ano daw ??

13. maxine says:

actually they taught astrology in universities until the late ’70/early ’80’s

astrology is astronomy and psychology combined..

14. Aqueerian says:

Happy to be 13th reply 😀 Even though blueness of this moon is ‘construct of Julian calendar’ it’s the main calendar most of the world has lived with for the better part of 2 millenia, and thus not without power and force. As to Aquar vs. Cap moon, well, it being ‘conceptual’ is actually right on par for an Aquarian moon – the most conceptual of the air signs. A lunar calendar & a lunar marking of time would be a radical departure from *currently* powerful patriarchal constructs; if only it were so!

15. MB says:

I’m reading “The Golden Bough” at the moment. Magic for Frazer is an “erroneous system” entertained by the “undeveloped mind”. I’m not sure that astrology is not in the same class. Nevertheless, Frazer does a disservice to our minds. I think our ancestors were just as smart (and wise) as us. I think that a far more interesting question is – what do we lack that we would direct all our intellectual faculties to fulfilling our immanent, unspoken desires with these “erroneous” systems?

16. Aqua says:

There is nothing 'unprecedented' about it, it happens every two or three years. And the last Blue Moon, according to the monthly definition happened on August 31, 2012.

Lazy assertions such as these, does the subject of Astrology no favours.

17. aqua says:

Dabblers, who pontificate on an extremely complex subject that they clearly know nothing about, do more to discredit Astrology than anything else.
    I am talking to you Kate.
    You spread misinformation and you cheapen a great subject, for shame.
    Please go through the study and hard work necessary, rather than using it as a New age string to your overloaded bow of new toys, and you suck in vulnerable people who you then misinform and confuse.
    You are just a dilettante who typifies the saying ' a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing'.

18. lynsey says:

Bless you Aqua….you seem very lost in your world of criticism and judgement. …this site is clearly not for you. Regardless of the science of blue moon the essences of encouragement, motivation, inspiration and support that eminates from this article means far more than you sadly may never have the ability to understand.
    Amazing words Kate….thank you, its what i needed to hear today. X

19. Megan says:

July 1 is Cancer, not Capricorn :) Great article!

20. Angry Guru says:

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius

Luke 22:10 1611 King James Bible.

And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entred into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water, follow him into the house where he entreth in.

21. DP says:

This article spoke directly to me. Thank you for writing it.

22. jeff says:

just to let you know, Capricorn is in December, not July.

23. W Palmer says:

The so-called Blue Moon means nothing to astrologers.

24. I had no idea about the blue moon and this last two weeks I’ve fell head over heels in love something I didn’t look for or even want nor did I think I was even capable after all the let downs from past relations, I guess I kind of thought it would never happen to me but it did ! Not only am I afraid and at the same time overwhelmed on how good it feels to be in love I feel like maybe I thought I was in love once before but this one is something I never imaged and more , but I’m in love and he says he has never loved a woman before and he loves me but he’s not in love with me and it hurts because everyday I just can’t help to love him even more!

25. mike says:

Just wait until the blood moon on Sept. 13. It's the 4th of the year and all 4 have fallen on Jewish Holy Days; this has never happened before.

26. Mary says:

At the beginning of June this year I fell truly in love for the first time in my life, and I am 60! I was so sure I had finally found what I had been looking for all my life, and it seemed mutual beyond doubt. On the exact day of this blue moon event 31st July, he informed me he was ending the relationship. I had been so ready to make the drastic change in my life necessary to move to another country to be with him. It was so sudden, this ending of the love he poured out on me for two months. I literally begged in messages for him to give me an explanation, to tell me what had happened to his feelings for me. Eventually he wrote me a message that he had had two bad marriages in the past and wanted to be free and have a quiet life. I've been struggling with the most dreadful pain and shock.
    If anyone out there can tell me their thoughts and offer any comfort I will be so grateful.