You Don’t Need A Man, You Need a Goddamn Warrior.

Via Kate Rose
on Aug 12, 2015
get elephant's newsletter

guy on his back

Warning: naughty language ahead!

To my sweet wild woman, I know why it hasn’t worked out with anyone else—you don’t need a man, but a goddamn warrior.

You are one of the wild ones, and no matter how you tried to hide that fact, you can’t be anything other than what you are—and that’s okay. You are just as you are supposed to be, magnificently wild in all of your chaotic beauty.

I know you’ve had your heart broken and I know that you don’t understand why it always seems to never work out, but I’ve finally figured it out:

You don’t need a man, you need a goddamn warrior.

It doesn’t matter if this warrior drives a Jeep or a shiny sports car, and it won’t matter if he wears silk or cotton—it will not even matter if he works in a high-rise, or on the night shift.

What is going to matter is that when it comes to taking bets on your heart, he is going to be high stakes—all the way.

This warrior of yours will crave your strength, and your intensity. He’s going to look at you and not see something to tame, but something to just fuckin’ admire. This warrior of yours won’t be someone that you can manipulate or play with as you have in the past, so honey, don’t even try—and trust me, you’re going to love him even more because of it.

Because you aren’t just a woman, you’re a goddamn goddess.

Your fierceness is going to bring him to his knees every single time he looks into your gorgeous eyes, but the difference is, unlike the others, he isn’t going to be scared off. No, this time, you will have finally met your match—because a simple man for you just won’t do.

You need someone to match the fire in your eyes with his own. Not only that, my little wild thing, but this warrior of yours is going to want to encourage the flames instead of trying to douse them with his own insecurities.

Because for you, a warrior is the only man who will ever live in the wild with you.

He may not have to slay any dragons to earn your love, but he would still walk through fire if it meant seeing that amazing smile that you hold in reserve for only him.

This is the thing, free spirit, this warrior you seek….he’s seeking you too.

For he’s had failed relationships that have left him wondering if maybe he was meant to be alone for the rest of his journey—and you’re going to change all of that for him. You both have been travelling along on your separate journeys and have been doing an okay job at it, but that about to change too.

Because baby, when you and this warrior of yours meet and collide—it’s going to be a love set on fire.

Don’t try to run this time—I know your heart has been broken before, and that you’re not used to things working out, but this time it’s different. Give yourself time to see that.

This warrior of yours needs to see that it’s possible for someone to see all of his wild, and still be there when he craves his freedom and ventures off into this world for a bit. You won’t always need to follow him, just as he won’t always follow you. Let yourself stay wild, even when all you want to do is curl up in that spot along his side and forget the rest of the world exists.

Let yourself still wander naked under the full moon, and drink moonshine with the stars. Let yourself feel the pull of the wind on your heart, and the sun toward a new journey. Because this warrior is going to love you because of your wild—and he’ll want you to keep it.

You’ll be in this together now, this amazing, crazy, chaotic, wonderfully heartbreaking life—because it takes a warrior to love a goddess. And it takes a goddess to show a warrior what real love is.

So pack up your insecurities and your ideas about picket fences, because that was never you anyway. You were born knowing that you were destined for more, and now is the time for you to see what all those dreams look like.

There is no stopping a love like this, so promise me you’ll hold out just a little bit longer.

Have a little bit of hope, and always give love just one more try, because I promise you my sweet wild woman—the love that you seek is seeking you as well.

The Important Connection Between Diet & Mental Health.

Bonus! Don’t settle for just any kind of love:

Mindful Offering:  TREE NECKLACE

Author: Kate Rose

Editor: Cat Beekmans

Photo: Mr. Seb/Flickr

About Kate Rose

Kate Rose is an artist, free thinker, lover, writer, passionate yogi, teacher, mother, rule breaker and rebel. She can usually be found walking barefoot in the moonlight between worlds with the dreams of stars still hanging in her hair while swaying her hips to the music of life; smelling of sweet bourbon and honeysuckle. She lives for adventure and wakes each morning with the excitement of a new day waiting to unfold at her feet. She truly believes the best is yet to come and waits, with bated breath, to see what it may hold. Follow her on TwitterFacebook or Instagram, and find more of her words on her website

92 Responses to “You Don’t Need A Man, You Need a Goddamn Warrior.”

1. Victoria says:

This is so beautiful. Thank you for the ability to express what I want to say !

2. Farheed says:

Well this was an incredibly stupid and poorly written article.

3. Julie says:

Wow, this totally describes my relationship with my husband, I am a Goddess and he is my Warrior, and we waited such a long time to find each other, thank you Kate, for this wonderful article.

4. Syris says:

This is a profound article. When I read it it felt as though I was saying it to my wild goddess, but it was actually one goddess to another. Exquisite writing and perspective.

– (One Typo: “but that about to change too.” should be, “but that’s about to change too.”)

Blessings to you.

5. Michelle says:

I totally needed to read this!! It is me to a tee! I am a free spirit, wild Goddess and I need a Warrior. I could never put into words until after reading this and it makes perfect sense.

6. Sonia says:

"You are the strength of Turkish coffee at sunrise darlin’ and don’t try to pretend that you’re not."

I really needed to hear this today. Thank you.

7. Elissa says:

Thank you! Talk about devine timing. This is exactly everything i needed to hear! Sometimes we forget that if we wait a little longer our time will come. Don’t settle. My warrior is out there! So thanks for the reminder! I loved and needed this!

8. Angela says:

LOVED this article thank you!!

9. Eva says:

Exactly what I needed to understand right now. Thank you thank you

10. Eden says:

“Not only that, my little wild thing, but this warrior of yours is going to want to encourage the flames instead of trying to douse them with his own insecurities.” This resonates so much. I needed this article sooo much. Thank you. :)

11. Charlotte says:

Reading this brought such a big smile on my face, that I read it again. And again. I think I’m just gonna print this out and read this whenever I need it. Thank you, sweet wild woman!

12. Gert says:

Please understand that the wild woman is just one of many female archetypes that every woman has inside of her. As is the case with the ‘goddamn’ warrior archetype for men. There are also the “king”, “magician” and lover for example. Explore and cultivate every side of yourself and of your partner.

13. Lisa says:

A big THANK YOU for your wonderful words! Awesome!!!

14. Helena says:

“trying to douse (the flames) with his own insecurities” sure have experienced that in the past!! But was too young to understand.
    Beautifully described above, wish i’d been able to understand this years ago. Obviously some people won’t ‘get’ it.

15. @MEDVGNO says:

Nice article less the "goddamn" adjectives.

16. Dee says:

Love you, Kate ! A big hug for this article ! Thank you ! <3

17. Shawnee says:

Love love love this… It is now my mantra!!!!

18. Max says:

You could’ve just wrote Boy/Man and Girl/Woman instead of Woman/Goddess and Man /Warrior.

19. Morgan says:

WOW! Amazing! This is exactly what I needed to read and I’m going to take it into my life now. Thank you.

20. Will says:

Just remember that a warrior has strength, audacity and weapons. Warriors are scary. You aren’t always going to be able to control them.

21. Lashitha says:

I really needed to hear this. One thing that gives me hope is that the one I seek is seeking me too. Thank you for this reminder. :)

22. Marjory says:

When I started reading this, I smiled first, then I laughed, and later I realized that I really need someone like this. Sometimes we forget the beauty of finding our half, and actually we can be convinced we’ll run alone along our lives. Now I wonder if there would be someone like him in my life. Thanks for give us hope. God bless you.

23. heroesnpirates says:

This could have been written by a female version of me! Where IS this woman? I'm not sure women like this exist; I've searched my whole life. I checked out Kate Rose's webpage and it is amazingly similar to my blog in layout, bravado and pursuit of passion. I'm seeking permission to use this article, giving credit of course, on my blog: Can anyone moderating these comments pass this query along to Ms. Rose?

Thx! Heroes 'N Pirates

24. Anna says:

ok, I'm not giving up- maybe there is hope:-) Thank You for your encouraging words!

25. Peter says:

Irony personified

You and me

for the very attributes I love

Are the very reason we can’t be

26. Isobel says:

Brilliant….thank you

27. Andrew says:

This is really beautiful. Thank you !

28. Julie says:

I just adored this and fell into my news feed as I am splitting with my third husband who I adore but differences are just too much for him. I have tried so hard but he has changed and admits he doesn’t know how to be the person he once was and that I deserve better. i look forward to finally meeting my warrior one day because so much of this rang true. x

29. Kat says:

I am loving your words, inspiration and hope. You mirror my thoughts, my heart. Thank you

30. TahitiNut says:

A warrior too long without a goddess goes rogue.

31. Maria says:

Kate, this is amazing. Thank you for how you speak to my heart. Thank your for your hard work that touches us all so deeply. ❤

32. Carly says:

Exactly what I needed.
    Thank you.

33. glen says:

I have just let go of a wild women. Sometmes the dynamics don't always flow favourably. I feel sad because I tried so hard to love these qualities and yet her dominance took everything I had. The masculine must remain rooted in his strength but know when he is not serving himself or it may result in pre longed pain for both parties. My final strong hold was to let this wild woman go to someone who can better serve her.

34. Eynat Naor says:

Awesomeness! This made me smile a great big smile. Thanks, fellow goddess