Interested in developing my own eco-textile business, I stumbled upon this article on TreeHugger outlining the important criteria of a sustainable fabric. So what makes eco-textiles sustainable? TreeHugger tells how.
1. Is it recyclable?
2. Is it made of recyclable materials?
3. Is it easily biodegradable?
4. Is it produced using green manufacturing processes without harmful chemical byproducts?
5. Does it follow McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC)’s Cradle to Cradle principals?
6. Does the finished product off-gas harmful chemicals having a negative effect on indoor air quality?
7. Does the manufacturer have a company-wide sustainability policy?
New to Colorado, eco-textile innovator CoCoNa, has emphasized the importance of the eco-revolution by using discarded coconut shells to develop a new fabric weave.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 54,956 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 4,745 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,180 shares