Brand new little-but-fast-growing elephantjournal.com named to 11 “best US twitter” lists, best Green Video Series, best Green New Media, best Natural Products blog, best Yoga Blog, best Buddhist blog…oh my. In past six months.
This #ecomonday, @elephantjournal was just named as a Top US Green Twitterer.
Over the past six months, we’ve now been named to 11 “best of” lists. Our success, modest as it is (we’re only followed by 9,000, as opposed to @wholefoods, which is followed by 900,000) may have made the difference between dying, surviving and thriving as we’ve made the leap/fall from old to new media.
Since I’m beginning to lose track, and friends and colleagues keep asking who’s named us to what when I’m bragging (constantly) in an attempt to win advertising dollars, I thought I’d compile the list here.
With sincere thanks to the below, here goes.
- > First out of the gate, Shea Gunther, a green leader for years, named us to MNN’s top US green list. Top 10 Green Twitterer by Shea Gunther of MNN:
Elephant Journal is a Boulder, Colorado based publication that focuses on living the “mindful life”. Run by my pal Waylon Lewis, their Twitter account is rich with green news and information.”
- > Grist. One of the two or three biggest green sites in the world named us to their “can’t live without list,” which meant a lot since they’re our idols. With thanks to Ashley Braun for including us, again means a lot:
“@elephantjournal Elephant Journal (Waylon Lewis)
Bio: Elephant Journal is a blog, articles, videos, interviews re: ‘the mindful life’: yoga, Buddhism, green, politics.
Recommendation: For insightful & holistic green tweets about what really matters, look no further than @elephantjournal.”
- > William Harryman Buddhist
“Finally, you should be following Waylon Lewis of Elephant Journal for all the best in Buddhism and beyond.”
- > BeliefNet, the biggest spiritual web site in the www, named us one of 10 Best Buddhist Blogs.
Jeff Kolber said: “If the Interdependence Project is the New Yorky/crunchy/environmentalist/Kumbaya/neurotic love child of Martin Luther King Jr, Allen Ginsberg and Woody Harrelson, then Elephant Journal is our easy-breezy/Bouldery-y/athletic intellectual/pine-scented/ski-pass toting/yoga-doing cousin. Personally I’d love to see a shirtless Celebrity Buddhist Smackdown between Ethan Nichtern and Waylon Lewis, but I should proabably keep my sordid fantasies to myself. In any given day, Elephant Journal might write about yoga practice, a consumer boycott, the coolest yoga pants to buy, and the decline and resurrection of a personal meditation practice. If I turn the computer off for two hours, when I turn it back on I’m almost guaranteed there will be something fresh from Elephant Journal.”
- > Shift list: 70 inspiring authors, etc.
- > Greenupgrader just named ele, along with Current TV, to their best of Green Twitterers list—along with some other exalted company:
“For #ecomonday, I have to go with @ElephantJournal. Also known as@WaylonLewis, the founder, editor and errand boy of the magazine, his tweetstream is comprised of sweet selections from the amazing Elephant Journal – yoga, sustainability, mindfulness – interspersed with other great green news. Waylon is an awesome guy, always eager to help another brother out, and really interacts with his Twitter peeps. I got the chance to hang out with him at a LOHAS/Gaiam Tweetup, and we instantly hit it off. The next thing I know, he’s introducing me to everyone he knows, making me feel like a star. He’s a connector and a people person, and that’s very cool.”
- > Greenopolis Top 50 US Tweeters.
- > Top 10 US Green Video Blog by Karl Burkart of Green Dig for MNN
- > “And now our new friends over at Opportunity Green have honored our fast-flying fingertips for the quality/quantity of our 140-character tweets…by naming us a Top 10 Eco Twitterer to Follow.”
- > Etsy: “our ECO must follows are: @elephantjournal @Worldchanging @inhabitat @theecoist @treehugger @goodhuman @JaymiHeimbuch”
- >Physical Therapy Assistant Schools: 50 Best Meditation Blogs, with Elephant Journal placing in the category of Best Meditation Community.
Lastly, because we are all, together, shaping and mapping and feeling about in the dark in this new media world…it’s like exploring the Wild West, perhaps, only virtually—wide open spaces and opportunities and no clear way that it’ll hang together yet, old big companies dying and new nobodies thriving…well we’ve writ a few lists of our own:
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 77,998 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,940 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,868 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,693 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,698 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,909 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,284 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 1,020 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 294 shares