- Absolve yourself of “mommy guilt.” You are doing the best that you can.
- Remember that a desire for a career does not make you a bad mother, nor does a desire for work/life balance make you a bad employee.
- Be proactive and creative. Many supervisors are open to considering creative solutions when they are presented, but will not be so conscious as to offer them unasked.
- If you have a partner, ask that partner for help and unconditional love and support.
- Find a community of mothers who also work outside the home. So much mom support is based on the stay-at-home crowd, and while some of our issues are the same, some are very different.
- Remember that raising children only comes once in a lifetime.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 104 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 36,752 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,418 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,764 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,651 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,630 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 225 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,239 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 111 shares