Happy Buy Nothing Day! 13 posters, 13 things to do.
13 Posters: Buy Nothing Day. 13 Things to Do instead of “Black Friday.”
Here’s three things I suggest you do on Buy Nothing Day/Black Friday.
It’s the biggest shopping day of the year. Nothing’s wrong with shopping—if what you’re buying has meaning and purpose. So if you have to buy something, make it life-changing.
2. If you are going to buy gifts, shop local.
3. And if you aren’t going to buy anything, practice fundamental happiness and contentment with a loved one.
~ Waylon Lewis, ed.
Here’s 10 more, via a great list. Linked below:
1. Go to a library. Pick up some new books. here are a few reading lists to give you some ideas, the worsted witch, canada reads, 1001 books you should read before you die.
2. Bake something using things you have in your cupboard. Or bake something you’ve never made before. check out Orangette for some great ideas, (i’ve enjoyed everything I’ve made of hers).
3. Make a list of raw materials you have in your house, (things you could recycle or alter to create something new). Find some projects to make using things on your list. Resources: Make, Craft, Instructables, Readymade, Supernaturale, get crafty, make your own gifts out of recycled sweaters, (see example here.)
4. Write a letter.
-to someone you care about
-to a politician (requesting change on a topic you care about)
-to a corporation
5. Plan an expedition. Take a walk in nature. collect a variety of items you find on your travels. Use the items to a) make a mobile, or b) decorate your home.
6. Create some guerilla art pieces & install them with friends. See some examples here.
7. Install your very own Portable Xmas Tree, (completely free!) And while your at it, create some Instant Snow.
8. Have a clothing (or stuff) swap party with friends. for directions see the Naked Lady Party.
9. Donate to something you believe in. (or sign up to volunteer somewhere).
10. Write about the best gifts you ever received. (my story)
for more ideas visit the official website for buy nothing day.
hot on elephant
How being an Empath can lead to Adrenal Fatigue, Insomnia & Exhaustion. 36,443 shares Intuitive Reading for the New Moon: Trust in the Magic of New Beginnings. 6,900 shares A Meditation for Manifesting our Dreams on this Powerful New Moon. 4,182 shares She is a Wild Card, the Omega Female. 3,880 shares Orthorexia: The Eating Disorder that Isn’t. 507 shares We Don’t know what Love is until we Learn what it’s Not. 1,494 share I Love you so Much that I Don’t Want to be with You. 888 shares She was Meant for More than Normal. 1,816 share This Technique can help you Remember Anything (& Fight Depression). 563 shares The Nitty Gritty Truths no one ever tells us About Divorce. 434 shares