Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it. Enlightenment is not an achievement, it is an understanding that there is nothing to achieve, nowhere to go.
How can one become enlightened? One can, because one is enlightened – one just has to recognize the fact.
I don’t actually have much to say about this chakra. This is a deeply personal experience that I don’t know that can be explained… I know I have had glimpses…moments of “zen”, “bliss”, “completeness”…But they are fleeting.
At least, like happiness, I have stopped chasing it, now I just experience and trust. Although I do hope that someday I’ll be able to say it without sounding/feeling like a complete idiot 🙂
The more I talked about “enlightenment” in class the more crazy I sounded, it’s impossible NOT to sound a bit off kilter when trying to explain the idea of experiencing god…I think this may be one best left to personal experimentation.
The best I can offer is perhaps coming to your practice with a sense that you don’t “need” to “do” anything, that your soul purpose is just to experience….
And remember NO GURU NO METHOD NO TEACHER can ultimately give to you what is already within you…
No special pose for the week, no mantra — just a little wellness tip: trust YOU. listen to YOU…there within the SELF all the knowing exists; seek not what you already have and breathe.
- Element—Cosmic Energy, spirit, soul (Atman)
- Endocrine gland—The pituitary gland (hypophysis) secretes hormones to control the rest of the endocrine system, and also connects to the central nervous system via the hypothalamus. The thalamus is thought to have a key role in the physical basis of consciousness. This Chakra is said to be the Chakra of consciousness, the master Chakra that controls all the others.
- Energetic Life Force—Grounding consciousness, connection to the divine
- Essential Oils—Jasmine, frankincense. Also for aromatherapy: lavender, attar of rose
- Female Spin—Counter clockwise; Male Spin: Clockwise
- Flower Essences—Lotus, Angelica, Star Tulip
- Function—Alpha and Omega of all that is, connection to the divine, inspiration, wisdom, cosmic consciousness, oneness with all.
- Gemstone—Amber, amethyst, clear or rutilated quartz, diamond, iolite, Oregon opal, purple fluorite, pyrite, moldavite, selenite, serpentine, sugalite, tanzanite, Danburite, lepidolite, moldavite, iolite
- Lotus Petals—1,000 or endless (white as the silvery moon)
- Keywords—Infinity, self-realization, inspiration, thought, cosmic rays, transcendence, wisdom, bliss, understanding, complete oneness with all, soul, karmic, causal body, cosmic consciousness, spirituality, the Sun (patriarchal), the Moon (matriarchal), universal identity, meeting place of Kundalini Shakti and Shiva, oriented to self-knowledge. Samadhi (enlightenment) comes to one who reaches this Chakra and goes beyond.
- Mantra—All mantras, or silence (called Chakra seeds by my teacher) There are meditations given later in this series for each Chakra.
- Meditation—All powers, both natural and supernatural; Atman (spirit freed). OM (aum) and the tone is ahhhhhh
- Meridians— Energy Yang Organ
- Musical Tone—High B (Ti)
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 110 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 41,304 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,514 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,846 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,980 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,800 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 2,333 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 644 shares