10 Reasons I like being Single.

Via elephant journal
on May 18, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

Single not as in dating. Single as in, all alone.

1. Boring is good.

2. I get more work done, with less guilt (inside-out, or outside-in).

3. I exercise more.

4. It’s cheaper.

5. I sit around blabbing less.

6. Less drama.

7. Less planning all the time.

8. Loneliness is kinda nice.

9. I like sleeping alone, anyway, I’m big and can spread out.

10. Ummmm…help me out here, add your reason in comments?

About elephant journal

Comments

125 Responses to “10 Reasons I like being Single.”

1. Alison says:

Well said – I couldn't agree more!

2. Renee says:

Yes, all of these. Definitely.

3. Nicole says:

Wouldn't it be beautiful if you could find freedom to be all (or most) of the things you listed while still in a relationship? Seems like the trick is not letting all these irritables get to you and just appreciating the person you are with.

4. Erik says:

Don't have to deal with her friends, nor have to entertain guests.

5. sophie lane says:

Exactly!

6. Daphne says:

I can eat pizza in bed!

7. writershappytobefound says:

Boy's are nothing but trouble. I love taking myself to parties or concerts, there's no one to babysit. Freedom= fun. xo

8. Amy E says:

I agree with all of the above. It is easier. The question to ask yourself is, "Is this all there is?" There has to be more to life.

9. Latasia says:

I’m so happy someone wrote an article about this! There really are people like me out there! 🙂 I like being alone and I like myself. I have a good time.

10. Sadie says:

The freedom to be me with no judgment. It’s heaven!

11. macgurrl says:

Number 10. I can binge watch anything I like on Netflix.

12. Karen says:

I can go to the bathroom with the door open.

13. LIZZ says:

You are accounable only to yourself.

14. Angie says:

Doing what I want, when I want, how I want… Without having to consider anyone else's feelings, without feeling guilty, & w/out having to sacrifice my own wants/ needs.

15. Angie says:

PS: The most important thing I forgot to add, is that I just have overall more peace of mind when I'm alone. Being in a relationship brings up a lot of stress, anxiety, & fear in me. I have insecure attachment issues (which I'm working on w/ a professional & have been for some time) but I have a ways to go to rectify that. Until I get a better, stronger grasp on those things, I just have more peace of mind & live a more stress- free life when I'm single.

16. BOHEMIA says:

love it! 🙂

17. Elizabeth says:

I’m glad to see this. Mostly you see articles/lists about how to find “the one”, how to know if you’ve met your soulmate, how to spot red flags in a relationship, or others that suggest that being alone is a problem, etc. I have chosen to remain single after quite a few failed relationships. I uses to feel the need to be in one because , who wants to be alone? (Or so I thought) however is is SO freeing to have time to read whatever I want, watch whatever hours long instructional videos I want, and not have to be around someone that (as I am an empathy) drains me of all of my positivity and happiness when they are in a bad mood. Having someone seem to depend on you for their happiness is like having a leech attached to your heart. Unfortunately I only have enough positivity and happy for me and my children. I’m going to be alone for a while.

18. Jennifer Silverberg says:

I can eat, sleep, sing, write, read, work, travel, visit friends, run, swim, flirt, dance, stay up all night, take a road trip, talk on the phone or WHATEVER if I want, how I want, when I want … without dealing with any drama (sulking, arguments, sadness, etc. afterwards!).

19. SoleilD says:

Freedom

20. Laura says:

I can go wherever I want…with whomever I want…and but whatever I want whenever I want. The best part? I don't gave to explain any of it.

21. Share says:

I get to be FAITHFUL, to myself
    Meaning I can have sex with different people

22. lallumarquiz says:

Being single means being with ourselves. This will help us yo understand ourselves. " if you conquer your mind you conquered the world"- ancient Indian proverb.

23. Tiffany says:

you don’t have to compromise on dinner, eating out or in, or on anything for that matter.

you can listen to whatever music you want in the car.

you can up and go on vaca any time you want

you can take pride in knowing you handle your sh**

you don’t have to clean the house if you don’t feel like it

you don’t have to shower if you don’t want to

you don’t have to shut the door when you go to the bathroom

exes can text you and fawn over you all they want and you don’t have to worry about a fight “who was that”

you can use all the hot water in the shower, and take as long as you want

i got a million of these, so i’ll stop now

24. gabriel k. says:

FREEDOM which is peace. need i say more.