Last week I attended a week-long yoga retreat with Patricia Walden. Â
Now, in the glow of my return, I’m pondering the qualities that draw me back week after week to this special teacher.
Hereâ€™s the countdown of my reasons.Â Â You know whatâ€™s curious about it? The more I practice yogaâ€¦
â€¦the more Iâ€™m attracted by the items deeper down the list,
â€¦the more sharply I discriminate how far down the list a teacherâ€™s gifts extend, and
â€¦the more grateful I am for the teacher who traverses the list and can dwell in the deeper numbers.
Iâ€™m wondering, dear reader, if you have such a listâ€¦or if you think your students do.
10. I know where sheâ€™s teaching; she shows up on time.
9.Â I feel better after her class than before.
8. I learn more about the physical poses in every class.
7. Â I often discover new emotional and spiritual dimensions of the poses in her class.
6. She remembers my name.
5. She shows me how to adapt poses to my limitations.
4. She draws my attention to my progress, challenges, and innate strengths.
3. She uses the yoga teacherâ€™s tools with skill and respect:Â voice, body language, and touch.
2. Although sheâ€™s not perfect, she deeply exemplifies personal qualities I aspire to.
1. In her classes I have felt a resonance and waking upâ€¦when I experience her attitude toward her students, her practice, her own teacherâ€¦ of my own feelings toward the divine.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 5,216 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 7,984 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentineâ€™s Day. 12 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,270 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 260 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 40 shares Happy Valentineâ€™s Day, to My Love I havenâ€™t yet Met. 3 shares