“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” – Alice Walker
As a filmmaker and as a woman – this trailer shook me. There is a responsibility that we must realize in our storytelling, and it’s not just a women’s battle. Let us be brave, sincere, and move forward with whats right.
This is about both genders – share it with your community. Watch the broadcast premiere October 20th, host a screening, and learn more at www.missrepresentation.org
- Women hold only 3% of clout positions in the mainstream media (telecommunications, entertainment, publishing and advertising).
- •Women comprise 7% of directors and 13% of film writers in the top 250 grossing films.
- •The United States is 90th in the world in terms of women in national legislatures.
- •Women hold 17% of the seats in the House of Representatives (the equivalent body in Rwanda is 56.3% female).
- •Women are merely 3% of Fortune 500 CEOs.
- •About 25% of girls will experience teen dating violence.
- •The number of cosmetic surgical procedures performed on youth 18 or younger more than tripled from 1997 to 2007.
- •Among youth 18 and younger, liposuctions nearly quadrupled between 1997 and 2007 and breast augmentations increased nearly six-fold in the same 10-year period.
- •65% of American women and girls have an eating disorder.
Read 8 comments and reply