Spicy Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan)
I’ve been wanting to try out cauliflower as rice now for a while, and it turned out better than expected!
The cauliflower basically takes on the flavor of anything you cook it with, so one can only imagine the possibilities here. You could use this as rice inside of a burrito, with your favorite stir-fry dish, as a side on Thanksgiving…you name it!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie (liver-loving) which promotes detoxification in the body and is especially wonderful to eat in the winter months. It’s also packed full of antioxidants which, if we’re being honest here, we all could use a bit more of on a daily basis! Here is a bit more info, if you’re curious!
- 1 Head cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh springs of mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Hunk of fresh ginger (thumbnail sized piece)
- 1 Tbsp agave (or raw honey if vegitarian)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix Cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are small and rice sized. Don’t over mix as the cauliflower can get mushy!
- Blend the lime juice, coconut oil, honey, ginger and chili powder in a high-speed blender.
- Soak the cauliflower rice with the lime sauce for about 10 minutes while
- Eat it raw or heat it up in a pan with some additional coconut oil and chili powder. Top with lime zest. Yowza…this stuff is delicious!
hot on elephant
Narcissistic Men & their Mothers. 2,060 shares I Love You. I Want You. But I am Not Ready to Be with You. 2,910 shares The Day She Just Gave Up. 4,368 shares How being an Empath can lead to Adrenal Fatigue, Insomnia & Exhaustion. 0 shares It’s not Sex Older Men want from Younger Women. 337 shares I want you at 3 a.m. 10 shares I Know what Fake Love looks Like. 511 shares Watch: Donald Trump refuses to shake Angela Merkel’s hand. 1,349 share New Ruling Allows Mother Wolves & Pups to be Killed on National Wildlife Refuges. 880 shares Answering these 5 Questions can help put us on our Right Life Path. 252 shares