Like a good yogi, you have arrived to class fifteen minutes early…now what?
Here are 10 things you should do and definitely should not do to pass that precious time
1. Do place your mat down where you would like to practice.
2. Don’t place your mat directly next to the only other person in the entire asana room.
3. Do take in an extra few minutes of a simple hip opener or gentle stretch.
4. Don’t practice the Seven Headstand Series of Ashtanga or try to squeeze in every inversion possible in a 10 minute time frame
5. Do read a book or the current issue of L.A. Yoga magazine.
6. Don’t read your text messages or emails (especially aloud).
7. Do get to know your neighbor if they are receptive
8. Don’t interrupt your neighbor’s meditation in order to vent about what a nightmare parking was or how much you hate your boss.
9. Do sip from your bottle of water (BPA-free, of course).
10. Don’t– Bring the entire Starbucks drink menu
Editor: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 58,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 10,456 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,180 shares