Do you want to have a friend? Be a friend.
1. “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” ~ Albert Einstein
2. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ~ Plutarch
3. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ~ Alice Walker
4. “If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.” ~ Dalai Lama
5. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” ~ Laurence J. Peter
6. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” ~ Aristotle
7. “Always forgive your enemies—nothing annoys them so much.” ~ Oscar Wilde
8. “The struggle of my life created empathy—I could relate to pain, being abandoned, having people not love me.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “Avoid popularity if you would have peace.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
10. “He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” ~ Winston Churchill
11. “Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose.” ~ Richard Bach
12. “When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.” ~ Edward Abbey
13. “Put a rose in a sack of fish and soon the rose will start to stink too. Be careful of the company you keep.” ~ His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Urgyen Trinley Dorje
Like elephant love on Facebook.
Editor: Kate Bartolotta