1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
…And darn to Snopes if this ain’t the truth. It may not be the Dalai Lama but I’d say it’s still pretty good advice to live by anyway.
Updated: This might be good advice, but it isn’t directly from his talks. Some of it appears to be, some not. We take this kinda thing seriously, with a sense of humor too…but…our bad. We were fooled. Here’s some real Dalai Lama helpful wisdom! ~ ed.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,220 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,638 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,122 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 11,532 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 2,438 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,041 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 2,760 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares