Skip Cosmo and Men’s Health.
It’s just the same advice month after month anyway, and most of it is useless. It would be time better spent to consider how to be a bit more civilized, a little more refined and brush up on our manners. Because after all…
Instead of recycled tips on how to be better in bed, 10 simple rules all ladies and gentlemen need to follow:
1. Be polite to everyone. Kindness costs nothing and has infinite dividends.
2. A smile goes with everything.
3. Write letters—the real kind. It’s a dying art form.
4. Be on time. Punctuality shows the person waiting for you that you respect him.
5. “Please” and “thank you” are always in style. Use often.
6. Put down your cell phone when you are talking to another human being in person.
7. There are times when disheveled and relaxed is exactly the right thing. But when in doubt:
8. It doesn’t matter if you use the wrong fork or glass. It does matter if you are rude to the server.
9. Nearly everything is better in red: wine, lips, shoes, tie, toenails, roses.
10. Know when it’s time to break the rules.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 54,956 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 4,745 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,065 shares