Ever have a craving for lemon?
Try these outstanding lemon bars using doTerra lemon essential oil in place of lemon extract. They’re absolutely delicious and will satisfy that fix for lemony goodness.
- >> 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- >> 1 cup earth balance
- >> 1/2 cup stevia
- >> 4 large egg replacers
- >> 1 fresh squeezed lemon or 5 drops essential lemon oil
- >> 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- >> ½ teaspoon baking powder
- >> Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For crust, combine 2 cups flour, earth balance, and ½ cup stevia until slightly crumbly and somewhat moist. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 glass plan with earth balance and press the mixture into pan.
- Bake crust for about 15-20 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and it’s springy.
- While crust is in the oven, combine the rest of the stevia, four egg replacers, lemon juice or lemon essential oil, lemon zest, the remainder of the flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- When crust is done, pour the topping over crust and return to oven for about 20 minutes. Filling should be set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool for about two hours and dust with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,287 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,404 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 21,472 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,233 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 222 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,884 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,137 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares