I’m Triggered.

Via Waylon Lewis
on Apr 19, 2013
get elephant's newsletter

This is why Yoga Girls scare Yoga Boys’ inner children.

Hey Yoga Girl…

No, sorry, not you: them.

They‘re crazy, and privileged, and crazy privileged. And crazy. Like, literally. No, not you. Just the ones who have joined the Clubhouse yogatalk codeword cult of Positivity or, you know, spiritual materialism or, you know, spiritual bypass, as Julian explains it.

Oh, and, this is funny/brilliant:

About Waylon Lewis

Waylon Lewis, founder of elephant magazine, now elephantjournal.com & host of Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis, is a 1st generation American Buddhist “Dharma Brat." Voted #1 in U.S. on twitter for #green two years running, Changemaker & Eco Ambassador by Treehugger, Green Hero by Discovery’s Planet Green, Best (!) Shameless Self-Promoter at Westword's Web Awards, Prominent Buddhist by Shambhala Sun, & 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness 2011 by "Greatist", Waylon is a mediocre climber, lazy yogi, 365-day bicycle commuter & best friend to Redford (his rescue hound). His aim: to bring the good news re: "the mindful life" beyond the choir & to all those who didn't know they gave a care. elephantjournal.com | His first book, Things I would like to do with You, is now available.

Comments

20 Responses to “I’m Triggered.”

1. Ari Pliskin says:

This could be a satire of me and its hilarious!

2. adventurousandrea says:

Oh, it's funny because it's true!

3. elephantjournal says:

exactly

4. elephantjournal says:

Ari, no Buddhist should sound like this. I thought we were the "Republicans of spirituality"?! ~ Way

5. Jacinta says:

LMAO no words ~ on the floor … Ok one word: word. 😉

6. Ari Pliskin says:

Well, I'm not nearly that bad, but I do practice Nonviolent Communication.

7. Tina Farber says:

its a wonder any woman is in relating ships… with this diatribe

8. Elizabeth says:

Sorry, I don't see the humour. Of course poking fun at such exaggerated use of this language can be lighthearted, if it is intended that way, but for those who are only just learning this language as a means to heal, the sarcasm is hurtful. It is bad enough to have to learn this language in the first place, and how not to fall into the trap of it being one's only language, but when it is mocked in such a venue as this it can lead to one questioning whether such self-exploration is worth it. Having said that, this video certainly highlights the need for self-editing and that is a good thing :).

9. Geo says:

it's an inside joke Liz. They are poking fun at people who manipulate words

10. paul says:

I found it to be playful, celebrating the nearly absurd difficulty of open and honest communication and how tangled the techniques and words (and their use) can get. But too, I understand how it can be heard it as mocking as most anything vulnerable is mocked. I think it is worth it though, even when verbiage (and even pretense) are at the fore, as it is an attempt at exploration and respect.

11. Elizabeth says:

got it! the actors did a fantastic job too

12. Elizabeth says:

It is confusing at times, yes. And I think "lighten up" applies a bit here too – to myself. thanks

13. We are thrilled you liked it! We feel very validated. Episode 2 now up: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

14. We are thrilled you liked it! We feel very validated. Episode 2 now up: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

15. We are thrilled you liked it! We feel very validated. Episode 2 now up: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

16. We want you to know that we hear you Elizabeth. We think our second episode will affirm our love of communication and healing for you. We hope you enjoy. http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

17. We are thrilled you liked it! We feel very validated. Episode 2 now up: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

18. We are thrilled you liked it! We feel very validated. Episode 2 now up: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/7zv4

19. paul says:

Well done again and thanks for the notice.

20. derp says:

I'm triggered by your lack of levity on this. I feel the cosmic giggle in infinity, and this brings up feelings of my father not recognizing the child in me.