Boobies are Beautiful—all Around the World. ~ Jenna Penielle Lyons {Adult}

Views 10
Shares 2.3
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.1
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
8 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
288k

Relephant Bonus:

~

Everyone loves boobies. Hopefully, most women love their own boobies.

Sometimes I wish I had bigger boobs when the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show comes around, but overall I feel comfortable in my own skin.

According to this Soviet artist’s poster (above), if you wash your nipples with cold water daily, they will become harder. Interesting!

I found a map which color codes the world into average breast cup size:

According to this map, American women have some of the largest breasts in the world.

Africa, the Middle East, and Asia have the smallest. The average size in these countries is A and B cups. Nothing wrong with that.

Now, in my research on boobies that I was doing this morning, I also found another perspective on tatas. It comes in the form of this appalling website, boo.by, on which users upload photos of their boobs or another woman’s boobs and other website users rate them.

I don’t know about you, but this website breaks my heart. On the website, I saw a few (beautiful) women who felt the need to have their breasts rated. And the scoring system on the website was even more…umm…misogynistic. And downright piggish. Every set of boobies starts at 0, and either progresses upward, or goes into negative numbers depending on whether people like or dislike them.

The boobs with the highest scores were perky D-cups. The boobs with the lowest scores were either saggy, small, elderly, or African American breasts.

On the list of Top 20 Worst Boobs, there appeared a picture of a women with boobs that look just like mine…tiny barely A cups. And the woman was fit and gorgeous. Another picture of a woman with boobs like mine received a score of -18.

On boo.by, there is a picture of an older woman nude on a beach. Her boobs look exactly like the top 20 best boobs of all time, but because she is older and has pubic hair, she received a score of -27 from website users.

Sad.

Oh yeah, the beautiful woman who appears in the nude yoga article here on elephant journal? Her gorgeous breasts and body only received a score of two on boo.by. Pamela Anderson-esque boobs have scores of over 20,000. What this means is that only two men (or women) thought that the yogini’s fit body and boobs were aesthetically attractive.

How disgusting.

We should be ashamed that our society has cultivated this idea in the media and in our mainstream attitudes toward sexuality—the idea that only the biggest, perkiest boobs are the most beautiful.

I’m not going to get a boob job or stop running so that my boobs get bigger. And genetically, we were born with and develop the boobs we have because of a variety of reasons: nationality, foods we ate as a child, activity level, etc. There is nothing we can do about it unless we go under the knife.

And that is fine.

So I am here to tell you, ladies (and gentlemen?), that your boobs are beautiful.

If you’re active and you barely have boobs, your chest is beautiful and the world should recognize that you don’t have boobs because you love to exercise (or you were just born that way!).

If you are a mom and your boobs aren’t as perky as they once were, that is beautiful and the world needs to recognize that you sacrificed the perkiness so that your children could eat.

If you are African American, your boobs are the same as everyone else’s, and your dark areolas are beautiful too.

If you have giant boobs, you’re in luck because men love them. But know that others think they are beautiful too…for purely non-sexual reasons.

If you had a double mastectomy, your chest is beautiful and I am grateful that you are still alive.

Regardless of what your chest looks like, you are a beautiful human. So take delight in your body and the things it can do!

Fall in love with your own self-image, and someone else will fall in love with it too. You don’t need other people to rate your boobs. You are a goddess, and we need to heal this attitude that imposes the idea of women as objects upon the masculine identity. We need to start loving ourselves and ignoring these stereotypes.

Breast size simply does not matter in terms of being a mindful human being.

We have bigger things to worry about on this planet, a planet that is an orb much bigger and rounder than any boob ever could be.

~

Relephant:

Advantages of Small Boobs (SFW Cartoon).

The Best Relationship Tip:

~

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

Editor: Catherine Monkman

Photos: Wikimedia Commons/yarkko, Wikimedia Commons/unnamed artist

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 2.3
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.1
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
8 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
288k

Read The Best Articles of January
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Jenna Penielle Lyons

Jenna Penielle Lyons was born in Portales, New Mexico among sage and sand. Raised in Pocatello, Idaho among the black rock and juniper, she grew up wandering in cowboy boots, running, riding bikes, skiing, climbing, painting, and studying classical ballet. She is a scholar of English Literature, a poet, painter, photographer, musician, and outdoorswoman. She winters in Missoula and spends the summer working for Snake River Hotshots. She is a lover of mountain bluebirds & elephants, tea & good coffee, Carl Jung, Salvador Dali, skiing, climbing in the desert, yoga, harp music, and sagebrush. Her favorite foods are borscht and any combination of chocolate and cayenne pepper. Check out her work and follow her adventures at her website.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

anonymous Feb 24, 2016 8:19pm

I think I would much rather have small boobs. Atleast you can make them look bigger. I’m self conscious about mine because I’m afraid of them sagging, I have stretch marks on them, and I feel like they make me look bigger. Maybe I also have a self image problem as well though. My partner claims he loves them and that they’re great, but it’s a struggle for me to be happy with them.

anonymous Mar 12, 2015 10:35am

I am a man, a straight man, married for 19 years now to a woman who I believe is incredibly beautiful, inside and out. She has often complained/commented about the size of her breasts and how she wishes they were larger (she is an A or B cup depending on manufacturer) which I truly don't understand and she, and every other woman out there is absolutely perfect, gorgeous and beautiful just as you are, naturally, regardless of age, race, religion, cancer survivor or whatever. You, all women, are priceless works of artwork and humanity. Much love to you all.

anonymous Jul 23, 2014 2:03am

Thank you for this article. I needed to read it. Recently I have become self conscious about my breasts. I never used to feel that way. I was daring and careless and I had a crush on an old friend. For the first time in my life, I took selfies of myself in my bra. Selfies are rarely flattering. These weren't, and my friend wasn't overly impressed. I was crushed. It took all of my courage to take the photo to begin with. Now, I feel inadequate and embarrassed. This article helped soothe my feelings. Thank you so much for that! We can't stay perky forever.

anonymous Jul 23, 2014 1:46am

anonymous May 9, 2014 2:32am

African women have the biggest boobs and African men have the biggest penises and have sexual stamina 🙂

anonymous May 8, 2014 11:02am

"Fall in love with your own self-image, and someone else will fall in love with it too." Love this! Great article.

anonymous May 8, 2014 8:08am

I just like women if they are nice 🙂

anonymous May 8, 2014 1:05am

have you been to Brazil? Argentina?? Come on… C cups? Try again…

anonymous Apr 11, 2014 9:48pm

I AM so proud of you for doing this article and educating!! I LOVE all the boobies out there <3 I am a mother of 2 and I bless what my tata's have given. thank you thank you for my body…

anonymous Mar 20, 2014 12:20am

Well yes, cold water does make mine hard…. in the moment. But new mom's who want to toughen up a little for breastfeeding generally expose their nipples to sunlight…

anonymous Mar 19, 2014 7:36pm

! was tempted to look….Im shocked at the top 20 worst boob pics, cuz they are all spectacular!! wow, tough crowd!

anonymous Mar 19, 2014 7:23am

I'll take this seriously when I see a similar article on penis size or height or baldness for men.

anonymous Mar 12, 2015 6:32pm

Perhaps you should write that article Sami……? And why wouldn't anyone take this beautifully-written article seriously? If you have lived in Western culture as a woman, then you can hardly have escaped the obsession and focus on breasts and the skewed view of them in the media which seeps into private lives.

anonymous Feb 21, 2014 5:26am

Love this! Great topic. Bold, fun, fresh. Good job!!

anonymous Feb 20, 2014 6:20pm

As a breast cancer survivor, I'm delighted to have breasts. Healthy ones, regardless of their "rating" are beautiful!

Mark LaPorta Jun 22, 2018 3:11am

Why are you quantifying a body part except to buy clothing? I really liked what Patanjali said about this. Jordan Peterson's 12 rules may be a good read for you: Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to someone else. Get back to me. Thank God there is beauty in such variety in color, shape, height, and capacity of people, not parts. Think of the insecurity as a growth opportunity; dukka becomes Sukha.

Barbara Burrell-Hutchins Aug 25, 2017 10:11am

As a breast cancer survivor who lost both breasts it sadens me, angers me, and frustrates me that society is so breast focused. I am not less of a woman because I have no breasts. I am one hell of a strong woman lets talk about that!

The Honorable Company Jun 14, 2016 4:46am

The statistics about Indian subcontinent ( atleast india and Sri Lanka ) are wrong. The women here are gifted with beautiful and large boobs! Boob enhancement surgeries do not exist in this part of the world unlike in The US.