She Let Go. {Poem}

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.0
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
105 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
2.1M

She let go.

She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear.

She let go of the judgments.

She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head.

She let go of the committee of indecision within her.

She let go of all the ‘right’ reasons.

Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn’t ask anyone for advice.

She didn’t read a book on how to let go.

She didn’t search the scriptures.

She just let go.

She let go of all of the memories that held her back.

She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward.

She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn’t promise to let go.

She didn’t journal about it.

She didn’t write the projected date in her Day-Timer.

She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper.

She didn’t check the weather report or read her daily horoscope.

She just let go.

She didn’t analyze whether she should let go.

She didn’t call her friends to discuss the matter.

She didn’t do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment.

She didn’t call the prayer line.

She didn’t utter one word.

She just let go.

No one was around when it happened.

There was no applause or congratulations.

No one thanked her or praised her.

No one noticed a thing.

Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort.

There was no struggle.

It wasn’t good and it wasn’t bad.

It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be.

A small smile came over her face.

A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore…

~ Rev. Safire Rose (Visit her website.)

~

Fomo:

Letting Go: What it means. How to do it.

Image: Lifrita Lifi/flickr

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.0
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
105 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
2.1M

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

sandraholt7 Feb 19, 2019 7:22pm

Love it,,,

anonymous Mar 26, 2016 2:07am

Im not sure what its about. My wife and I are seperated. We’re both just kinda sad.

Cant stay cant quite leave. Consumed with doubt. Is this about making a final decision? ??

anonymous Jan 20, 2016 7:50pm

This happened to me after I had a stroke in May 2015. I survived and when I woke up from the brain surgery, all of my fear and anxiety had left me. I let it all go. I have made mistakes since, I risked having a relationship that didn’t end well – empath with a narcissist…. but I forgave both myself and him quickly, I let the anger and pain go. I learned more about myself, which is a continuous path in our lives. I am committed to still taking risks in life – re travel, moving to another country (my big dream), in love and in relationships in general. When the realisation of your own mortality truly hits you, your eyes open. You see how much time you have wasted in fear and anxiety or anger and pain. I just let it go….. and when I need to, I let it go again. We are not perfect, we are human beings who still make mistakes, who still feel all of those feelings. It is not a one time thing. It is a daily thing sometimes. But I do it – because the feeling of peace and knowing that if I keep moving forward, the universe will take me where I need to go, is worth it. xx

anonymous Oct 19, 2015 7:28am

Letting go is a skill. But not in a conscious level. It just comes naturally when you decide what feels best. You see something, maybe you feel it, and it’s OK. Your heart and soul feel lighter and your mind is peaceful. It’s not not about giving a damn, but it’s being compassionate. About everything. Specially towards myself.

anonymous Oct 19, 2015 7:26am

Letting go is a skill. But not in a conscious level. It just comes naturally when you decide what feels best. You see something, maybe you feel it, and it’s OK. Your heart and soul feel lighter and tour mind is peaceful. It’s not not giving a damn, but it’s being compassionate. About everything. Specially towards myself.

anonymous Oct 18, 2015 1:42pm

Wow!!.. truly touched…

anonymous Jul 16, 2015 1:28pm

Thank you for sharing this. It's exactly what I needed today.

anonymous Jul 1, 2015 7:38pm

This is brilliant! It comes in like a sigh. Stops every voice in our head that keeps us where we are. So blissfully easy. Just let go.
Thank you!

anonymous Jun 6, 2015 8:09am

Inspirational

anonymous Jun 6, 2015 7:11am

Was inspired by your articles and the insight of your writers.

anonymous May 25, 2015 5:36am

Commitment doesn’t come easy to a lot of men, but a woman needs
to be sure that you will commit to spending a long time with her.
Set aside regular time for you and your woman to connect, one-on-one.
My first Christmas after my separation was (thankfully) 9 months later.

anonymous Mar 29, 2015 4:12pm

Just found this, it was pertinent, informative, and uplifting..thank you!

anonymous Mar 19, 2015 2:31pm

The most useful thing that I’ve read in over a decade. Thank you!

anonymous Mar 15, 2015 3:28pm

So beautiful and much needed for my mind today….agreed this is a new favorite, thank you so much!

anonymous Feb 17, 2015 8:36pm

Just found my new favourite! Ahhhhhh……I feel the autumn coming

anonymous Jan 1, 2015 6:44pm

So essential to clear the mind and truly live your life that God has given you.

anonymous Nov 7, 2014 9:45am

i sent this to two friends this morning – lots of nuggets in there. i would like to share, however, that i personally find the path to be less about letting go than forging on despite it all. i recently faced my mortality – spent 4 days with a very strong chance of getting a terminal diagnosis. one would think that would be a bad thing, but it was a gift. i could finally see what i needed to prioritize in my life without a shadow of a doubt. the messages holding me back were not just from within; they were from without. even after i charted my course with my newfound clarity, a good and otherwise benign friend parroted precisely one of the messages i had been telling myself (one of the societal messages that had given me cause to not pursue my "path"). he was just giving honest feedback, which i value, while going over some artistic work, but had i not faced my mortality, i would not be able to see through it. i would, however, not have even been having the conversation i was having with him to begin with were it not for my newfound clarity so his words were harmless. when i faced my mortality, i gained something that no amount of letting go or meditation could have granted me: i finally knew what to prioritize. i don't think it is always about letting go. i think people have a path in this world and it is plum hard to find. sometimes i feel like yoga and verses like the above tell you all about what the path looks like, feels like, tastes like etc. but then the sign points you right down the wrong road. there is a certain – what i will call lobotomizing message – embedded in so much of it. such injunctions as "let go" are like "love" – these concepts are so individualized for each person and they contain so much yet are uttered as if they are one-step, universally recognized actions. so really: "no struggle, no effort, like a leaf falling from a tree"? i call that lobotomizing bullshit. though the passages above contains so much excellence it also contains the little sign pointing down the wrong road – the road of spiritual lobotomy that is the pitfall of so much of the messages articulated by the yogic and new age communities.

anonymous Nov 7, 2014 10:56pm

…actually this was about letting go.

“Forging on” is different. It’s about standing up and effort. Pushing through.

Letting go is releasing negativity. The moment of releasing the burden. Exhaling, moving forward with your hands empty as you just dropped the garbage at the curb. The garbage, not the recycling 🙂

This is written off the cuff. I hope it’s okay.

anonymous Sep 25, 2014 1:58pm

This is how I feel waiting to die from cancer, I feel Like I'm just waiting to let go. Thank you for these beautiful words. Amen

anonymous Nov 2, 2014 8:23pm

I have this poem saved and just reread it and came upon your post. I am so sorry for your illness . Sending thoughts of peace and comfort. I am not sure of what waits on the other side of the here and now but while you are here do not just wait, be in every moment . . .

anonymous Jul 2, 2015 3:24pm

I am sorry for your illness. You are not alone. I am praying for you. Please enjoy every little precious thing : fresh cold watermelon and berries, fresh squeezed lemonade. The finest chocolate …. thinking about you….praying for you ♡

anonymous Aug 14, 2014 2:34pm

This is the most beautiful poem I have read in a very long time. It so resonated with me!

anonymous Aug 9, 2014 9:47pm

Let the universe unfold as it should ~ Moody Blues

Letting go of anger, expectations, and control. Let the future begin.

anonymous Jul 17, 2014 9:35am

WOW. Sometimes we make such a production of the decisions we make in our lives. But sometimes we just need to make them quietly in our minds without all the fanfare. Gosh, I really needed this today. I am so grateful for elephantjournal.com!

anonymous Jul 5, 2014 6:53am

I need this inspiration on most days! I added the link to the home screen on my phone so I can view it when I need it. Where can we find more of these beautiful words?

anonymous Mar 20, 2014 10:41pm

This made me gulp! Love it so much.

anonymous Mar 20, 2014 11:59am

There EJ goes again – rummaging around in my gray matter…

anonymous Feb 27, 2014 1:56pm

I love this… a beautiful reading

anonymous Feb 26, 2014 10:40am

I love this! I think I should print it and frame it. It's just the kind of inspiration I need.

anonymous Feb 25, 2014 9:05pm

…and no one even knew. Now that is whole, and true.

anonymous Feb 25, 2014 8:06pm

Absolutely beautiful, and perfect timing 🙂

anonymous Feb 25, 2014 7:47pm

Hugs…. Hugs…. Hugs!!

anonymous Feb 25, 2014 9:09am

This moved me to tears of genuine letting go.
I love it when that happens ~ when someone's words reach you just as you're ready to absorb them.
Thank you!

anonymous Feb 25, 2014 5:54am

Its just so simple.

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 10:45pm

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 9:16pm

Heaven!

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 8:11pm

This is so beautiful – so raw and honest. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 6:19pm

This is one of my favourite writings.

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 1:11pm

Way to go “She”!! Now life really begins!! Congratulations to all of the “Shes” out there!

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 1:00pm

Oh holy f*ck. How timely. How appropriate. How perfect. Thanks 🙂

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 12:01pm

Was exactly what I needed as well, hit home, thanks for sharing!

anonymous Feb 24, 2014 7:46am

I needed to read this today.
The endless task of letting go had left me feeling exhausted this AM.
This feels nurturing.
Thanks!

Cayetana Portillo Feb 18, 2017 1:11pm

Like many of you, I too needed to hear this. I used to constantly get told to just "Let it go." I found the idea of this very difficult as whatever was bugging me had a reason to keep popping up in my head. I have now learnt that this person was right. It is so freeing to let these things go and become free of the judgement and the pain we often cause ourselves by over thinking things 24/7! Thank you.

Read The Best Articles of March
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Safire Rose

Connect with Safire Rose on her website.