11 Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds for Skin, Hair & Health. ~ Vineetha Reddy

Views 10
Shares 1.0
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.7
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
1 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
95k

pumpkin seeds

Don’t throw away those pumpkin seeds! Instead, add them to your diet.

Tap the amazing benefits of pumpkin seeds for your skin, hair and overall health.

Pumpkin is one of the most delicious vegetables. It is commonly used in cooking various dishes. This pulpy vegetable has many seeds that are often thrown away, as most of us are unaware of their wonderful taste and health benefits.

Pumpkin seeds are loaded with a number of healthy nutrients including zinc, amino acids and a variety of vital vitamins and minerals. Its chewy and nutty taste makes it a great snack! You can also flavour your chicken curry with pumpkin seed paste instead of using high calorie whipped cream.

Consumption of pumpkin seeds (in any way) is the key to boost the energy levels of your body. They improve the immune system, lower cholesterol levels and prevent osteoporosis. High amounts of Vitamin E and zinc make pumpkin seeds a crucial part of your skin care regimen. They aid in the formation of new skin cells as well as collagen, which is responsible for maintaining the elasticity of your skin.

The advantages of these chewy seeds don’t stop here.

pumpkin seeds 2

Pumpkin Seed Benefits for Skin:

Pumpkin seeds have the wonderful ability to clean and regenerate the skin because they contain a great amount of skin-friendly vitamins (A and E), minerals (zinc and selenium) and essential fatty acids.

1. Antioxidants:

Vitamin E acts as a strong antioxidant and improves the skin tone.

2. Aids Cell Regeneration:

Vitamin A motivates the production of new skin cells and also helps to repair the existing skin problems.

3. Protects from Pollutants:

With the existence of zinc and selenium, pumpkin seeds upgrade the collagen levels and give your skin extra protection against environmental pollution and harsh UV rays.

4. Maintains Sebum Production:

Essential fatty acids play a significant role in maintaining the oil production and moisture levels of your skin.

Getting enough fresh pumpkin in your diet is the best way to enable your body to fight against skin-related issues like aging, acne, pimples and the appearance of premature fine lines. To experience immediate results, you can apply the paste of mashed pumpkin seeds directly onto your skin.

Pumpkin Seed Benefits for the Hair:

These seeds are packed with Vitamin A, K, B (biotin), sulfur, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids. All these nutrients are essential for the health of your scalp and hair.

5. Stimulates Hair Growth:

The consumption of pumpkin seeds ensures healthy, shiny and thick hair. If you are worried due to the thinning of your hair, don’t waste your hard-earned money in buying commercial hair products. Just add pumpkin seeds to your diet. It will not only stimulate hair growth but will also help you get rid of premature balding.

Pumpkin Seed Benefits for Overall Health:

6. Reduces Cholesterol:

Raw pumpkin seeds are God’s special gift for those suffering from high cholesterol levels. These seeds contain phytosterols, which decreases bad cholesterol in your body.

7. Boosts Bladder Function:

One of the main health benefits of pumpkin seed is its assistance in the maintenance of healthy bladder and urinary function. Latest research states that pumpkin seed oil can help to treat bladder problems and aid in the proper functioning of the urinary system.

8. Fights Depression:

Pumpkin seeds contain a vital substance, L-tryptophan that plays a significant role in reducing depression symptoms. These seeds have already been used as depression medication in several countries.

9. Defends Bones from Osteoporosis:

Osteoporosis generally affects the bones. The main reason behind this condition is the deficiency of zinc. Pumpkin seeds protect your bones from osteoporosis by providing your body with sufficient amounts of zinc.

10. Improves Prostate Health:

According to latest medicinal research, pumpkin seeds work wonders in improving your prostate health. Pumpkin seed extracts are used in many health supplements and are effective in decreasing the risk of prostate cancer by cutting down the harmful hormonal effects on your prostate cells.

11. Improves Learning Disorders:

The excellent quantity of magnesium present in pumpkin seeds makes them beneficial for improving learning disorders. Pumpkin seeds have been recommended as “brain food.”
Start incorporating pumpkin seeds in your diet right away and see the difference for yourself!

References:

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!

Editor: Travis May

Photos: Author’s own

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 1.0
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.7
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
1 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
95k

Read The Best Articles of January
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Vineetha Reddy

Vineetha Reddy is a new blogger from India. She is a nutrition lover and Ayurveda practitioner. She started a new blog to share what she has learnt from health conscious people.
Follow her on Twitter or send her an email.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

lobovamavi Nov 21, 2018 8:51pm

Does canned pumpkin work for the conditioner or does the canning process kill the beneficial enzymes and nutrients?
Anna Taylor || puroleacosmeticslab.com

anonymous Oct 13, 2015 4:33am

good morning, I have tried using pumpkin seeds for 3 days now and it has an amazing effect on my hair. Thank you for this information

anonymous Jul 31, 2015 3:09pm

Its true pumpkin seed do work ,i have a mark on my bella after birth,i use pumpkin seed oil on it and it stated faiding out.am still using and i like the resuit.thanks

anonymous Jul 7, 2015 4:40am

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. Very nice information.

Wizmo

anonymous Oct 25, 2014 12:46am

I am filled with gratitude for your tips about health and beauty Via.

anonymous Aug 2, 2014 4:11pm

i tried it is so effective

anonymous Nov 26, 2014 9:33am

Could you tell me how regularly and athe quantity you took for your results?, Much appreciated

Kathy Hulsey Apr 23, 2017 4:05am

I had problems: hair loss, baldness, my hair was on comb hair and lost very quickly. One of my friends suggested me to try this natural remedy ➤➤➤ lc.cx/Ur7V Which shows a method of regrowing your hair from Men and women via natural treatment methods. I’m really happy because I’m getting amazing result! my hair is stronger, the best thing is regenerating again

Paula Danielson Mar 17, 2017 6:03am

I have been trying out these pumpkin seed for quite some time now and I am really seeing improvement on my skin care. The best part is that it pairs well with my skin care products like my Solvaderm cream.

Wire Fly Mar 15, 2017 10:50am

Pumpkin Seeds are minute houses loaded with vitamins E, K and C as well as omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, zinc, manganese, magnesium, iron and phosphorus. Steady consumption of these nutty seeds helps in advancing immunity, controls blood sugar, fights depression & anxiety; also it helps in fighting certain types of cancer.

Wire Fly Mar 15, 2017 10:48am

Zequek Estrada Jan 12, 2017 4:46pm

I didn't know that pumpkin seeds had so many benefits. I could always use an energy boost. I'm wondering what other types of seeds can be just as nutritious. http://www.cceliteessentials.com/rain-seed-nutrition/5097008

Chetan Tripathi Dec 24, 2016 7:21am

very informative article...http://www.barnbench.org/

Maria Cooker Maria Jun 18, 2016 8:09am

Hi, I work in a communication company I want to share my testimony to the world, my name is maria cooker , i am from united kingdom in Belfast north Ireland, I was a stripper in a club I got effected with HIV due to the nature of my job, In April 15 2013 i was tested positive to HIV, This is not design to convince you but its just a personal health experience . I never taught doctor could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing herbal medicine, i have tried almost everything but I couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i came across a great post of ! Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of this great powerful healing doctor ,I wonder why he is called the great papa AMADU, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so I quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and so i did all the things he asked me to do,He ask me to buy some herbs and which I did for my cure,only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i went to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing doctor AMADU gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too on his Email:[email protected] or you can call or whatAspp this number +2349052645237. .. Thanks dr. HERPES HIV ALS CANCER DIABETICS Different kid of sickness his capable of curing them.........