Warning: plenty of f-bombs ahead!
Some things we don’t give a fuck about, some things we do.
In general, we shouldn’t give too much thought to the judgement and expectations that others project on us, but we should care about ourselves, our loved ones, the whole of humanity and the issues of our age.
Recently an excellent article written by an elephant journal columnist paid heed to free-spirited women and it got me thinking about those people who have made sacrifice after sacrifice to make the world a better place.
(Update: my partner just informed me that there was a “men who give a fuck‘ response to the original article, so apologies for any overlay.)
I just wanted to give a shout out to all those people out there who really do give a fuck about the important things in life.
This is for you… that person who:
- stands up for someone being picked on
- consciously reduces their carbon footprint
- helps the old lady or man get off the bus
- focuses on expanding their mind and heart
- talks to children like equal human beings to help them learn and grow
- volunteers their time and skills for local, national and international charities
- doesn’t negatively judge someone based on just one underdeveloped action
- investigates a variety of information to learn the truth
- celebrates and advocates nature and natural remedies
- isn’t sucked into the image-driven propaganda of the capitalist tyrants
- loves freely and shares that love with everyone they come into contact with
- has moved past their own ego based suffering so that they may help others to do the same
- laughs outrageously and whose smile lights up a room full of people
- doesn’t support multinationals which generate slave labor and environmental pillage
- mindfully navigates through their day with a focus on inner peace
- shares mind and status quo blowing articles and documentaries with their family, friends & network
- feels another’s pain in their tragedy and aims to help them alleviate it
- is free spirited (both women and men)
- has chosen a lesser paying job for a more ethically aligned role
- understands the interconnection of all of reality and treats others as they would themselves
- is beyond the dirty gossip of less developed conversation
- sees the reverence in their so-called mundane daily experience
- dances whenever they are given the opportunity
- mediates in silence and in action
- cares about their family and friends in a real and influential way
- is actually content and embraces the highs and lows of life’s emotional rollercoaster
- sings in the rain, instead of just gets wet
- recognizes the innate wisdom of tribal and traditional societies
- ensures they tell people, including strangers, how beautiful and awesome they are
- bases their feelings, thoughts and actions on compassionate and empathetic foundations
- can easily say sorry, forgive others and has good manners
- learns from their mistakes and is humble towards their own wisdom and development
- isn’t obsessed with getting the new iPhone or having the best technology
- doesn’t equate material and financial success with true success (the development of one’s mind and heart)
- has tapped into their creativity and shares it with the world
- motivates others to look after themselves physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually
- advocates for a return to a more naturally attuned culture
- operates their real selves
- embraces their love and lust capacities
- has a good fucking crack at life.
I could go on, but I’m sure you get my point. I mean it; you’re awesome.
Love your work…
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Editor: Renée Picard
Photo: Hardwig H K D/Flickr Creative Commons