Eleditor’s note: Astrology isn’t a religion. We’re not sure it’s a science, either. It’s magic, maybe. But, as with feng shui, say, things affect things. So as long as we don’t go blaming our problems on the stars, as long as we assume responsibility for our own actions…well, hell, a little auspicious coincidence and applicable wisdom can’t hurt. And so, with that grain of salt…enjoy!
This is a 2-part article. Part I is on the questions to ask a man. Part II discusses the questions to ask a woman.
Dating can be emotionally draining and disappointing. How would you like to find a great way to quickly tell whether or not someone is worth dating and having a love relationship with?
Of course, there’s no fool-proof way to be sure that someone who romantically interests you will turn out to be the love of your life. But there is a unique way to make sure you’re at least going out with someone who is worth dating and getting to know. You can do this by asking the person thoughtful questions based on your astrological birth sign.
Their answers will reveal if they’re likely to satisfy the most basic needs you have in a romantic relationship.
However, the “secret sauce” is in the questions. They are based on the unique character, traits and needs of your Sun sign, which give insights into your romantic, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, economic and sexual needs.
How To Use These Questions
Find your sign among the 12 shown. Ask your five questions in your own style and words. They don’t have to be asked, literally, as written or all during your first meeting. Feel free to ask them as you get to know the person.
These questions have been designed to be “open-ended” to promote discussion and to insure that you get a more truthful response. What you learn in your conversation will help you decide whether this is someone you would enjoy dating and having a relationship. If you’re a woman, here are the questions you should ask before you say, “yes” to a date.
1. How do you feel about going out with a high-energy woman who is a doer as opposed to someone more laid back?
2. What do you think about a woman who tends to be independent and forceful, and expects to be treated as a 100% equal.
3. What’s your reaction to being with a woman who can be jealous, even possessive and who will demand total fidelity?
4. What would women from past relationships say about how comfortable you were giving and receiving a lot of affection?
5. What do you think about a woman who let’s you know she won’t tolerate being ignored or neglected?
1. When it comes to being a dependable person, who can be counted on to keep your commitments, what would past relationships say about you?
2. What’s your attitude toward enjoying the finer pleasures of life like good food, great music, dressing well, sensuous sex?
3. What would women from past relationships say about you being a man who enjoyed courting a woman and pursuing her until you’ve won her heart?
4. How do you feel about a passionate partner, who enjoys great sex and having it often?
5. What are your thoughts between the choices of having a monogamous relationship or one where you could enjoy some variety?
1. Which do you enjoy more: intellectual stimulation and interesting conversation or relaxing in front of the TV watching a football game?
2. How would you feel if you were in a relationship with a woman who was restless, changeable and liked to do seven things at once? Would it drive you crazy?
3. What would women from past relationships say about you if they were asked: Is he a man who’s sexually curious and willing to experiment?
4. How do you feel about having a definite routine versus having a variety of new activities that might be different everyday?
5. Have you recently read any interesting books or taken any classes that changed the way you think?
1. Do you consider yourself to be more of an intellectual person or more of a feeling person? And why?
2. How do you feel about being in a relationship with a woman who can be very sensitive, moody and whose feelings can be hurt easily?
3. Are you someone who’s sentimental and enjoys remembering the great times from the past or do you mainly focus on the future? And why?
4. Have you ever been devastated by a love relationship where you felt deeply hurt by the other person? If so, please tell me about it.
5. I’m cautious about giving my heart away; so how would you make a woman like me feel secure?
1. How would you spoil the woman you love and make her feel like a princess?
2. How do you feel about being with a strong, flamboyant woman who can dazzle, be dramatic and be the center of a room? Would it be intimidating to you?
3. When you’re in love are you more the cautious type or someone dives into it with great passionate and intensity?
4. What are some of the ways that you show a woman your romantic side?
5. What are the ways that you like to have fun and socialize?
1. Do you consider yourself a perfectionist or someone who’s very accepting of the way things are?
2. Do you enjoy being busy and having lots of activity going on or would you prefer living life at a more relaxed pace?
3. How would react to a woman who’s practical, organized and likes to work?
4. Are you someone who enjoys public affection or would you rather keep it behind closed doors?
5. When it comes to romance, I move slowly and am a bit cautious; how do you feel about needing to be patient and go more slowly and win my trust?
1. What kind of cultural events like music, art, theatre do you enjoy?
2. How do you enjoy discussing the topic of human psychology and the fascinating ways people behave?
3. Are you an extrovert who enjoys fun conversation, social events and parties or would you prefer mostly a one-on-one get together?
4. When you’re attracted to a woman, what are the ways that you show her a good time and make her feel special?
5. When it comes to love, I prefer romance before sex; what are the ways you go about winning a woman’s heart?
1. How comfortable would be with a woman who can be both secretive and cautious about revealing herself?
2. Do your relationships tend to be more casual and relaxed or more passionate and intense? And, tell me why?
3. Do you prefer to be monogamous in a relationship or would you rather be able to enjoy some variety in your love life? And tell me why one is more appealing?
4. Have you ever been devastated by a love relationship where you felt betrayed to the point where you wanted vengeance for the pain you suffered? If so, tell me about it.
5. How would you feel about being in a relationship with a woman who is very emotional, affectionate who can be demanding?
1. What would be your attitude toward a woman who is an independent, free-spirited woman who doesn’t allow a relationship to confine her?
2. Is having a great sense of humor and being intellectually stimulated important to you? If so, why?
3. I enjoy activities such as philosophical discussions, travel, sports and just being outdoors. Are any of these activities you enjoy, too?
4. Do you feel that honesty is over-rated or is telling the truth important even if it might hurt the other person’s feelings? What do you think?
5. For some, love is a grand adventure; what does being in love mean to you?
1. Would it be a turn on or a turn off if you knew I was ambitious and put a lot of value on success, money and status? What are your thoughts?
2. How important is it to you to build your career, and have a prosperous life where you have the ability to enjoy the finer things?
3. How would you feel about being in a relationship with a self-sufficient woman who doesn’t live her life through you, but instead has her own independent goals?
4. How would you react if I planned our date, chose the restaurant, picked the entertainment and arranged for the tickets? Would that be a bit threatening?
5. How do you feel about pursuing a woman and establishing a relationship with her before you become lovers?
1. How do you feel about first developing a friendship with a woman before you become lovers?
2. Do you enjoy socializing with others and having interesting conversations about many topics or would you prefer to spend your time mostly being together one-on-one?
3. How comfortable would you be with a woman who values her independence and freedom and dislikes men who are possessive?
4. How would you feel about being with a woman who hates boredom and enjoys verbal debate, especially with people who have different ideas than mine—including you?
5. What attitude would you have toward dating a woman who is innovative and creative both out in the world and in the bedroom? Would that be a bit threatening?
1. Pisces is known as the sign of “self-undoing;” What have you discovered that has been your “self-undoing” in life?
2. Tell me one artistic thing about yourself and one sensual thing about you?
3. What’s the biggest sacrifice you’ve ever made for someone?
4. How would you react to a woman who was so sensitive and psychic that she could uncover your secrets? Tell me one secret now.
5. Are you romantically attracted to a woman who is spiritual, mystic and interested in the occult or would you prefer a more grounded, traditional woman? Why?
Are You Compatible?
After asking these important questions, you’ll know if you’re compatible romantically, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, economically and sexually. Then, you can decide if you’re interested in saying, “yes” to a date.
Are you curious to learn more about what your personal astrology says about your love relationships? If so, your astrological transits will tell you how likely you are to find a romance this year. To find your personal transits go to the FREE Transit Calculator and enter your birth date. And, if you want to find out about the major events happening to you in 2015 in your relationships, career, investments & health: Order this Report on Your Future in 2015.
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Author: Larry Schwimmer
Editor: Renée Picard
Image: Arman Thanvir at Flickr