More and more through my work as an Energy Healer, I see that there are two routes we can take when approaching life.
One of the routes, the one most often chosen, is to put our energy into getting the external factors of our lives organized just the way we want them.
We strive to ensure we have the right job, the right partner, the right house, even though a lot of the time we aren’t quite sure which ones are actually the “right” ones for us.
Another route we can choose, though, is to look into our own internal weather system and see what tweaking is needed there. How are we feeling on the inside? Do we love ourselves? Do we feel settled? Do we experience satisfaction? Joy?
And you know what? Each route has its place in life. Sometimes we need to just make a move and go for it. Apply for that job, buy a new house, do our taxes.
Get things done in the external world as they need to be done.
But sometimes, there is no rush. Sometimes we know healing is needed, a shift in our life is promptly due and we can choose the other route—the route of shifting our internal world and then letting the outside experience mirror these shifts.
One way to approach the internal route of creating our lives is to make choices that promote a high vibration in the chakras.
I know, I know, chakras, schmakras.
Who cares about those weird, spinny things around our bodies that we can’t actually see but are supposed to come in rainbow colours?
Because in the hundreds of chakra energy healing sessions I have conducted for people, what I have seen is that when the chakras are healed, life becomes easy.
And the nice thing is that the activities that heal the chakras are things we like doing anyway.
So, here’s the deal:
Chakras are basically our power centers that move energy in and out of our bodies. There are seven main chakras and they are responsible for different areas of our lives and bodies, and when they are fully functioning they basically do most of our work for us. When we have blocked chakras, life still happens, but it is hard—things don’t work out as easily and we have to use our humanness to power through decisions, work and relationships.
But when the chakras are open and healed, life flows easily.
So, let’s have some fun and improve our chakra health.
1. Imagine tree roots from the feet going down to the center of the earth. A small visualization to say the least, but nourishing for the 1st or Root Chakra.
2. Pick something creative we have always wanted to do but have been too shy to try. We don’t need to do it forever, but just give it a try. A few chords on a guitar. A beginner pottery class. Or if not something artsy, then something new and sexy in the bedroom or moving the furniture around in the house. The 2nd or Sacral Chakra thrives on creativity and pleasure.
3. Okay, for this one it is different strokes for different folks. For those go-getters out there who are on the run all the time getting things done, take a look at the weekly schedule and see if there is one thing that can be dropped. It can be something small, but see if one corner of the week can be carved out for nothing time. For pure relaxation, couch-potato, chill out time. And for those people who have trouble getting started, who feel like they are always procrastinating, pick one small thing and start it. These are small changes I am talking about here. A little goes a long way with the chakras and the 3rd or Solar Plexus Chakra will thank you for slowing down or getting going just a little.
4. For this one, a bolster or rolled up towel will be your best friend. Lie on your back with the towel or bolster under your shoulder blades. Make sure it is comfortable and put a pillow under the head if necessary. And then relax for about 10 minutes and notice what there is to notice. The 4th or Heart Chakra loves us for this one.
5. Sing. In the shower, riding a bike, with children, alone, loudly, quietly, in a group, at home, in the car, with a friend, over Skype. A short song, a long song, with youtube, at the gym, a chant, one long om. The 5th chakra or Throat Chakra wants to hear a tune..
6. Daydream. No, really, just let the mind wander to wherever it would like to wander. The 6th chakra or 3rd eye wants to see what it can see.
7. Visualize a tunnel of light coming from as high as can be imagined into the head, through the body and down to the feet. Again, real simple but extremely healing for all blocks in the 7th or Transpersonal Chakra.
Seven ways to heal the chakras.
Seven easy ways to bring small changes to our lives.
What do you do to work with your chakras?
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Author: Ruth Lera
Editor: Emily Bartran