Someone.

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.0
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
82 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
892.9k

Flickr/Jaime González

Someone to wake up to. To share the weather with, then the coffee.

Someone to dream with—to plan and scheme and then celebrate with.

Someone to win with, and someone to lose with.

Someone to care for and protect—and to let go of and watch fly.

Someone to stare at in wonder, and to think, “That heart loves mine.”

Someone to talk long with under stars on frosty nights. To giggle through scarves and gloves and hats with, and to kiss under mistletoe.

Someone to hold. Someone to be held by. To be treasured by a treasure.

Someone to notice birds with. To catch flashes of blue and green and purple and brown—and to feel the excitement of soaring little wonders. To see life as it is, not as it seems.

Someone to sit with and watch children, perhaps our own, and to laugh in their innocence and swell at our luck.

Someone to forget with.

Someone to cook with. To sweep mud off the floor. Someone to make magic out of mundane with and smile because it’s with each other.

Someone to cry with. To share rivers of grief indistinguishable from the other. To hold and to hug, and to help and to heal.

Someone to hold hands with. To glance at, fingers intertwined beneath coffee tables, and hearts blurring between eyes.

Someone to lay with with, nothing in between. To be everything holy and exist in a dream. To be naked to our souls and give everything unseen.

Someone to trust. To tell darkest secrets to and reveal hungry fears. Someone to know all of themselves and to want to see more. Someone whose eyes reflect what’s in ours.

Someone to walk with. To travel with. To find pockets of magic in grey city dullness. To drive miles and miles just for that “mile” that’s ours.

Someone to smile with. A deep knowing grin that says, “I see you” and “I’m staying.”

Someone to miss, even for a minute—until they return, and it feels like home again.

Someone to stare at for moments unending.

Someone to love.

Someone.

Bonus: The Qualities to Look For in a Life-mate.

Author: Andy Charrington

Editor: Yoli Ramazzina

Photo: Flickr/Jaime González

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 1.0
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
82 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
892.9k

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

anonymous Mar 30, 2016 8:47pm

This is so beautifully perfect!

anonymous Jan 26, 2016 3:25pm

Someone who will stay..always.

anonymous Jan 11, 2016 8:56pm

I had a someone like that for eleven blissful years. Our souls matched perfectly. And each time I saw him it was like the first time I saw him all over again. I could never get enough of his sweet breath on mine, sharing our favorite beef jerky and fried chicken and oh, did he beg for my gingersnaps! I could never hold out when I looked into those deep brown almost black soulful eyes. He was the best cuddler in the world and our stolen afternoon naps were bliss because our bodies would spoon so perfectly. He was never angry with me, only hurt by me once small time and I never hurt him again, it crushed me to see his hurt eyes. When he left me this past April 6, 2015 at 2;30 in the afternoon, I wanted to die with him. Never did I have the deep emotional and soul bond with anyone else. Now this beautiful love was gone out of my life. It’s nearly a year later and I am so stone cold and loveless inside. It’s so blank in there. I miss you my sweet dapple doxie named Wimpy. There’ll never be another you. :'(

anonymous Mar 30, 2016 7:17pm

I am so sorry for your loss. This is heartbreaking. I hope you find peace in your beautiful memories. Some people never find that kind of love in a lifetime.

anonymous Jan 11, 2016 6:50pm

Beautiful. I want that someone too… Thought I had that someone., but alas what did I know?

anonymous Jan 9, 2016 3:35pm

Beautiful!! I think I could fulfill these wishes!!

Please come find me!! I’ll be waiting with open arms!!:-)

anonymous Dec 3, 2015 10:15pm

Great!

anonymous Nov 16, 2015 1:32pm

Andy, I plan on printing this out and including it in a card to my new love – it describes my feelings exactly. Of course you will be credited – I just wanted to let you know.

anonymous Oct 24, 2015 9:08pm

It pulls at the heart strings.
Thank you!

anonymous Oct 21, 2015 10:28am

Thank you for capturing exactly what I am feeling these days. May we all be fortunate enough to find our "someone". (And soon! I'm lonely.) 🙂

anonymous Oct 21, 2015 12:08am

We all want that! All of us. Every single one. I see this as a beautifully, inspirational love longing splashed with magic. Thank you Andy!

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 5:52pm

Beautifully written and expressive of those sacred moments of just being together sharing life – Thanks for putting them into words.

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 4:35pm

Oh, I wish. for that someone.

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 12:46pm

I’d really love to use this for my dating profiles… *sigh*

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 9:43am

Beautiful simplicity!

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 8:43am

Having been married 44 years, I find this sweet and relevant.

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 7:55am

Simply perfect. Thank you.

anonymous Oct 20, 2015 1:16am

That is beautiful. I actually said “ahhh…..” at the end. Thank you.

anonymous Oct 19, 2015 11:18pm

Not over complicated. Simple and effective. Beautifully written.

anonymous Oct 19, 2015 8:17pm

I found that so beautifully perfect,may I use it as my dating profile ? I will give you credit ! Very nice.

Johanna Nordlander Feb 24, 2017 4:37pm

I have someone. But im in Sweden and he in Germany. Changing nationality isn't easy unless you are rich, or have guaranteed work in the other country :( we both want a life together, but it is hard to overcome all the obstacles society puts in front of us.

Sarah Sharp Feb 19, 2017 10:43am

Wish I Had that someone �

Butch Jackson Feb 19, 2017 1:31am

God how I miss her

Read The Best Articles of March
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Andy Charrington

Andy Charrington loves to write, works for himself, has three sons and lives in Birmingham UK.

You can read more of his writing on his Facebook page where he is spending a year writing and publishing something every day as part of his “Adventure”.

You can also support him on his Patreon page here.