She is a Wild Card, the Omega Female.

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 6.1
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
8 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
59k

She is part of the pack, but tentatively lingers on the edge of it.

Always looking for her escape.

She follows—but if you watch closely, she is silently carving her own route.

Softly, lightly she goes.

But she is not to be underestimated; though she is the underdog, she is fiercely protective of her pack.

For now she subserviently conforms, though her time to shine is nearing and soon she will rise.

Some misunderstand her. They think she is complicated, awkward, and see her as a challenge.

But they are wasting their time if they think they will take her mind with their swollen-ego games.

She will wrestle, roll over, and let them think they are superior so they can win the battle…for now. But she knows they will not win the psychological war.

For she is a rebellious force with whispers more powerful than hurricanes.

She imprints a haunting reflection on anyone who crosses her path and meets the flickering bewitchment of her gaze.

This iconic beauty is a dazzling, ancient starlight, shimmering on the mountainside, howling her conflicting emotions to the midnight Moon.

She has been hurt, viciously attacked, and she is wary so she tentatively treads to avoid risking carnage with those who torment and taunt her.

But do not mistake her wounded stance for weakness or fear; she has a stormy, tempestuous streak pulsing through her veins and a ferocious fire is raging within, burning up salt and bones.

She appears restrained but she is strong and wise, curiously observing, collecting a mixture of skills and knowledge so that as soon as her destined moment strikes, she can break free.

Despite the agonizing pain the pack inflicted upon her, she was a soft cushion that embraced all of their frustration and aggression, and with care, she tenderly relieved their tension.

They misunderstood and misjudged her fragile exterior, so now they will live to bitterly taste their regrets and mourn her mysterious presence long after she has gone.

They will howl with grieving frenzy hoping their aching cries will reach her, and she will hear their echoes but she will never turn back.

She cared and knows the thunder will arrive, and she will temporarily suffer for her decision, but she was pinned down, dominated, and downcast for far too long.

Soon she will shape-shift into a lone warrior wolf, with wide glistening eyes, wandering the wilderness in solitude—though her humble Omega spirit will remain.

She knew they loved her and she loved them, but she also needs to put herself first for once, to stretch her limbs, head out to the unknown, and stand brave and tall.

She craves a gentle, effortless, enchanting kind of love so she will roam close to the illuminated ocean, where she can unravel her knots and heal…

…and someday, as sure as the heavens protectively rest over her, she will stumble upon it.

~

~

~

Author: Alex Myles

Image: Art by Bryce Loren Windom. Pic by Travis May.

Editor: Travis May

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 6.1
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
8 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
59k

Read The Best Articles of November
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Alex Myles

Alex Myles is a qualified yoga and Tibetan meditation teacher, Reiki Master, spiritual coach and also the author of An Empath, a newly published book that explains various aspects of existing as a highly sensitive person. The book focuses on managing emotions, energy and relationships, particularly the toxic ones that many empaths are drawn into. Her greatest loves are books, poetry, writing and philosophy. She is a curious, inquisitive, deep thinking, intensely feeling, otherworldly intuitive being who lives for signs, synchronicities and serendipities. Inspired and influenced by Carl Jung, Nikola Tesla, Anaïs Nin and Paulo Coelho, she has a deep yearning to discover many of the answers that seem to have been hidden or forgotten in today’s world. Alex’s bestselling book, An Empath, is on sale now for only $1.99! Connect with her on Facebook and join Alex’s Facebook group for empaths and highly sensitive people.

Meridith McKay Jul 19, 2018 2:09am

I aspire to reach your level of completely raw honesty. Thank you for sharing. 💚

Brandy Mundy May 26, 2018 5:22pm

No. You are Omega Cecelia. Omega as a mature woman is what you describe. It's only when we have no true identity of self that we are what is described. That's why they don't know Omega because if they did, they would know that when the Omega woman is true to her nature she is a fine balance between both. An Omega woman can deal with an Alpha man, but won't castrate him or put up with his bs. Beta men are terrified of an Omega woman because she reflects back to him what he should be as a man. He mistakes a mature Omega as an Alpha, but shies away from her because she's dubious in her nature. That is how you tell true Alpha's from a Beta. Alpha men can and will respect an Omega because she's a bridge between both. She just has to demand it. He will at first fight her and even try to rid himself of her at the same time but because of the type of woman she is he finds it difficult to let her go. Eventually he accepts his love for her. The beta however will run when she shows her strength. It will scare him away.

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 5:35pm

One of my favourite pictures! You should take up photography! :)

Travis May Apr 7, 2018 5:16pm

It's actually a drawing made from chalk! He does them at a restaruant in Boulder called Mountain Sun. Every time I go in there, there's a new one! I just took a pic of this one with my phone.

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:35pm

Beth Hannon awwww, so amazing to read this update as I was just thinking about you and how things went for you after reading your other comment! Praying hard that everything works out perfectly for you, and so good to know that you found your strength and learned so much through your experience. I think gratitude for our journey, whatever ups and downs we have, is the best healing elixer, and also helps us to move forward stronger, wiser, and more resilient that before. <3 Sending you much love and wishing you all the happiness! Thank you from my heart too. It's incredible to know you read this often!

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:33pm

Aw thank you so so much! <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:33pm

I feel honoured to hear you resonated so strongly - and strange is the best :D <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:32pm

<3 so wondeful to hear this!

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:32pm

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:32pm

Happy to know you found it at the right moment. Sending love and blessings to you too <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:31pm

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:31pm

Thanks Rafferty! <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:30pm

<3 Thank you Linda, really lovely to hear you liked it!

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:30pm

It is by Bryce Loren Windom, I believe Travis May who edited the article took it, hope you find it :) <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:29pm

<3 Aw thank you so much!!

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:28pm

Really appreciate you saying this Jennifer <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:28pm

Thank you Gricelda! <3

Alex Myles Apr 7, 2018 3:28pm

Thank you so much Sarah! <3

Beth Hannon Mar 25, 2018 3:25am

(Ps I know I commented 7 weeks ago, but I finally left the guy 2 days ago, and this article has been something I’ve read daily that helped me to be strong and not sad avd weak😊)

Beth Hannon Mar 25, 2018 3:23am

I love this, it is a beautiful comment, I feel the exact same as you except I live other women (only date men) but I’m super protective of women when I see a man try to overpower/lie/cheat/manipulate/abuse etc... therefore I date men who treat me not great, I think maybe to save other women from him. Would be interesting to chat avd become your friend from afar, maybe we can make eachother stronger and more accepting ❤️ Thank you fur your beautiful reply Burtley 🐶🤷🏼‍♀️❤️

Beth Hannon Mar 25, 2018 3:18am

I read this often, I feel as if I wrote it! Thank you so much fur this lovely reminder to stay true to who we are as women, even if we keep picking the wrong men. We WILLlearn, he ya out there. I never blame the guy, I am happy he makes me learn to be stronger, and it is beautiful strong lovelies like you that help me to remember. Thank you from my heart ❤️

New Wave Teresa Feb 2, 2018 12:44pm

holy shit this is epic!

Beth Hannon Feb 2, 2018 11:23am

ive never related to something more! thank you for making me feel like im not strange. haha :)

Dawnielle King Dec 2, 2017 1:51am

This is amazing! It spoke straight to me, and gives me strength to continue to just be me. ❤️

Chandi LeSure Nov 28, 2017 3:40pm