View this post on Instagram
Brené Brown is one of my go-to sources of inspiration, wisdom, and self-care.
She has a way of telling us the things that are hardest to hear—but they are also the reminders we need the most.
She pinpoints the humanity and imperfections and vulnerable soft spots in all of us.
She teaches us that perfection and avoidance and shame lead us farther away from ourselves, our relationships, and our goals.
Her words have provided guidance and insight to me countless times—and I hope they will do the same for you:
1. “Vulnerability is not winning or losing; it’s having the courage to show up and be seen when we have no control over the outcome.”
2. “You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.”
3. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness—it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”
4. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.”
5. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
6. “I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.”
7. “There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period.”
8. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.”
9. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.”
10. “Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.”
11. “Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect.”
12. “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”