View this post on Instagram
Music has always had an important place in my life.
There were times I would forget about that, though. I would go days without listening to music, but days later, when I heard the beats and intoxicating rhythms, I remembered its power. It was the moments of silence that reaffirmed how important music was in my life.
Music has the power to take me to the past or catapult me into the future. I remember lying on the floor with my eyes closed, listening to song after song on shuffle. I was only 10 years old, but I remember that day as if it is a part of me, like an arm, leg, or foot.
I let the music take me away, to past emotions, different worlds. I would dream about road trips, or my favorite moments with my friends, or what the future could hold.
To this day, scientists have proven that music can heal and stimulate more parts of our brain than anything else.
Saying music is powerful is a bit of an understatement.
Let this next 45 minutes transport you to another world and take you on your own journey:
1. “When I Get my Hands on You” by The New Basement Tapes
2. “Beyond” by Leon Bridges
3. “Find a Way” by Quiet Arrows
4. “Our Love” by Judah & the Lion
5. “Home Again” by Michael Kiwanuka
6. “Just Breathe” by Pearl Jam
7. “Only Love” by Ben Howard
8. “The Night We Met” by Lord Huron
9. “Notion” by Tash Sultana
10. “Fade Away” by Rebelution
11. “Come Let Go” by Xavier Rudd