View this post on Instagram
To the love of my life:
It’s so easy to get lost in the cycle of the day-to-day, but I wanted to take a moment to remind you where my heart lies.
You’ve given me a happiness that I didn’t know was possible, so I decided to make a random list of things I adore about you:
1. I love that you’re down to have sushi dates in our living room—on a blow-up mattress, just for fun.
2. I love the way you hold me when I’m sad.
3. I love the way you hold me when I don’t want to admit that I’m sad.
4. I love sitting criss-cross-applesauce in the shower and talking through our hurts and fears.
5. I love that we are equally lax and neurotic about cleaning our house.
6. I love you when you doubt your worth.
7. I love you when I doubt my worth.
8. I love our homemade wooden platform in our truck bed (sawed on our granite countertops in the kitchen). And I love the camping trips where we snuggle on that dinky, homemade platform and eat with our fingers
9. I love the way you question the world and the little muscle in your jaw that tightens when you’re contemplating something.
10. I love that you’re always just as excited to do a “Lord of the Rings” (or “Star Wars”) marathon as I am.
11. I love that you’re you, no matter who is around.
12. I love that I can show you my darkest parts and you still love me.
13. I love that we can laugh about things that make no sense and “nuzzle like kittens” in public.
14. I love the little mole on your left armpit.
15. I love your random, surprise charcuterie boards (that are more extravagant than any fine-dining restaurant I’ve ever been to).
16. I love your relentless curiosity.
17. I love that you wouldn’t know what my horoscope is, but you do know we’re both Gryffindors.
18. I love your perceptive, sweet, sexy, “how-are-you-even-real?” blue eyes.
19. I love the way your eyes shine when you tell the story about your finger tattoo (of an alligator) that you got when you first visited me in California.
20. I love how cute you look with your nose-strips on every night.
21. I love how much care and research you put into anything/everything—from leashes for our fur baby, hiking boots for me, to the next place we’re going to live.
22. I love how you ask me to kiss each of your eyes while I sit on your lap.
23. I love how you leave me surprise notes in the fridge and in my drawers and in books (and some I probably haven’t found yet).
24. I love the way your lips curve slightly to one side when you smile—it’s not crooked; it’s a cute and subtle smirk.
25. I also love that we have full-on conversations while we poop!
Even after all this time, I look at you and can’t believe you’re mine. You know me better than anyone does (and sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself).
I love you beyond measure, my darling.