We all want to be happy.
But where exactly is happiness found? It’s an odd and jarring question, but is it? They say searching for true happiness isn’t anywhere specifically. It’s like chasing the wind. It’s elusive.
But for me, happiness is all around us. It usually blossoms in the most unlikely and unexpected places. Sometimes happiness is found in the silver lining of the dark clouds that float from the sun. Sometimes happiness is found in the sound of silence and when we’re ready to break it, we know in our hearts that we have the words we can count on.
All of us desire happiness.
Yes, we all do.
We all seek out happiness, but, so often, we look in the wrong places.
If you want to be truly happy, break new records, and become the best version of yourself, you must learn these positive mindsets.
1. Walk on the path of God’s commands.
2. Choose to look on the bright side no matter how undesirable things may turn out.
3. Do whatever it takes so you can have whatever you want in life.
4. Things probably won’t go exactly the way you planned, but always realize that’s how things go sometimes.
5. Sometimes it is in the wind of change that opens the door to a new beginning. So, give change a chance while it is all around you. Don’t let fear get in your way because, in change, you grow.
6. Remove toxic people from your life, and don’t feel guilty about it.
7. If people don’t want to stay in your life, give them the freedom they want.
8. Enjoy each day and feel free to indulge in things that make you happy. Enjoy pretty things including “you.” Take control of the situation and make the most of whatever comes your way.
9. Be aggressive without being manipulative. Don’t try to pin anyone down.
10. Always do your best to maintain a positive attitude over things. Do it with a smile because there’s a great deal of fun-loving ready for you to draw upon.
11. Let your heart communicate and share your thoughts with others. The more you share with them, the more they will be encouraged to share themselves with you.
12. Set limits to your growth and success.
13. Make new friends. The ones who won’t be away forever, whom you can always talk to, who have a good listening ear and a strong shoulder to cry on. The ones who do not make you worry if you can’t find the words to express your thoughts and feelings. The ones who do not make you feel shy if sometimes your sentences break off half-finished. Because as friends, they always know what you are going to say.
14. Unexpected events may dramatically change your life one day. Don’t be upset if things don’t go as planned.
15. If you decide to get something done, always do it with love.
16. Dare to dream. Hold fast to your dream and follow where it leads you.
17. What’s done is done. It’s pointless to rue the past.
18. Do more of the things that you love and less of the things that you hate. Take deep breaths and long walks. Treat yourself to a trip to a bookstore and pick up some new books that you love. Listen to good music because it is one of the good things in life we take for granted. Good music is a blessing from God. It’s always a soothing tonic for troubled hearts. It can be heard in the whisper of the wind and in the songs of the birds. Lift your heart in hymns whenever you have the privilege.
19. The love that is really meant for you will never ever pass you by. If it does, it’s never meant for you. So, don’t force things if pieces don’t quite fit together.
20. Life may provide various emotions along the way. No matter how long it takes. No matter how difficult it may be for you, life does go on.
21. Some people don’t stay in your life forever, no matter how earth-shatteringly beautiful you feel when you’re with them. They are like raging waves that come and go, when they come back again, you don’t recognize them anymore.
22. You don’t get to choose the events that come your way and the agonies that interrupt your life. You don’t get to choose how and when you’re going to die. So, live your life well.
23. Find yourself amazed by simple things like the bald eagle soaring high, a deer crossing the street, and raccoons in the trees. One day you may look back and realize they’re the big things.
24. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by good luck. Illness, injury, heartbreak, loss, and sheer stupidity occur to test the limit of your soul. Without these tests, life will be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. It’s safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.
25. If someone hurts and betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you grow.
26. If people love you, love them back unconditionally. Not because they love you but because in a way, they teach you how to love and how to open your eyes and heart to things.
27. Tell people you love them, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store.
28. Make every day count. Appreciate and take every moment. Experience everything that you could possibly experience, for you may never be able to do it again.
29. Design your life beautifully or anything you wish and then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.
30. Nobody is perfect. Always find the good things in people and ignore the bad things in them.
31. Learn a lesson in life each day you live because today is the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.
32. Don’t fret. Worrying casts a big shadow behind small things.
33. Don’t fall for what’s wrong. Always stand for what’s right. Act according to your convictions.
34. If you receive some unexpected blessing, don’t forget to thank God for it.
Happiness is found, and it starts, within you.
It begins when you slowly learn to appreciate every bit of you. Only you can create your own happiness. The choice is yours.
Read 4 comments and reply