View this post on Instagram
One of my colleagues, Molly, asked this question on Facebook and Instagram a week ago, and the answers blew us away.
As I went through the list of songs given by our readers, I had a wide smile on my face at some of the suggestions, and an undeniable curiosity to listen to the ones I haven’t heard before.
To my absolute pleasure, I enjoyed every single one of them. Every. Single. One.
Some made me cry. Some made me laugh. Some helped me get into the groove of untamed positivity. And others made me think about life in general. You know…those sudden existential urges we get out of nowhere.
So here’s a list of the most suggested songs by you, dear readers. Enjoy!
1. “Secret Garden” by Bruce Springsteen.
2. “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen.
3. “Harvest Moon” by Neil Young.
4. “Rise Up” by Andra Day.
5. “The Scientist” by Coldplay.
6. “Purple Rain” by Prince.
7. “Somewhere over the Rainbow” ~ Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole’s version.
8. “Everlong” (acoustic version) by Foo Fighters.
9. “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers (obsessed with this one).
10. “Nocturne in B-flat minor, Op. 9, No. 1” by Chopin and played by Vadim Chaimovich. (I had to include a classical piece because, well, I’m obsessed).
What role does music play in your life? And what’s your favorite type of music?
Let me know in the comments!
Read 9 comments and reply