The most influential resource we have is our relationship to self.
When it comes to creating and living our best life, there is one resource within us that is the most influential on our journey.
It isn’t something we have to go out and get or even learn. It’s a resource that we have had our entire lives. It will continue to be with us forever, in this lifetime and the next.
Ask yourself: how much do I respect and support myself? If you don’t, life can’t support you back. When we trust, accept, befriend, and cheer on ourselves, then life opens up in ways we cannot imagine.
The reason why relationship to self is so important is because we all possess an innate wisdom inside us. When we build a strong relationship to self, we are able to lean back and trust this inner wisdom and know that the insights and goals given to us are real.
When we have a solid relationship to self, we can go after the life we desire with full confidence. The opinions and judgments from other people become irrelevant. Life opens up in ways we haven’t even imagined are possible. New people and opportunities present themselves. Magic literally unfolds.
Can you think of anyone you know who is confident in who they are and share their insights? Do they have fun in life and not take anything too seriously? Do they make you feel more inspired when you are around them? Do they offer great advice that you trust? Are they grounded enough to know they can change their mind at any point?
These are the people that have a strong relationship to themselves. Life seems to just open up and get better for these types of people. This is the reality they have created from themselves once they learned to trust their intuition.
So this all seems like an amazing way to live, but why do so many people struggle with it?
Unfortunately, society and marketing discourage us from trusting ourselves. We are instead encouraged to buy things because we are told this will bring us fulfillment. So we keep going after new products or the next big thing in order to feel better. And like a mirage in the desert, that promised fulfillment never comes.
The good news is that we can build a strong relationship to self at anytime by choosing to trust ourselves and accept the wisdom we have—to look to the inside, rather than the outside, for answers. We can follow the clues and notice the synchronicities that reassure us that we are on the right path.
This looks different for everyone—we are all unique individuals with our own life paths and purposes.
Here are some ways to build a strong relationship to ourselves:
1. Knowing your values and living by them. We all have different wants, needs, goals, and strengths in life. That’s why it’s crucial for us to know what our own personal values are about the type of life we wish to live. From there, we are able to attract the right people and opportunities into our life.
2. Surrounding yourself with inspiring people. When we surround ourselves with people who match our values, it is easier to stay inspired. This is why that saying “you are the five people you surround yourself with” is so true. Spend time around those you wish to emulate.
3. Setting goals and working toward them. This is so important when we are building confidence and learning to trust ourselves. When we set goals and go after them, we start to realize what we are capable of. We know that no matter what happens in the outcome, we will be stronger from the journey
4. Setting boundaries. Setting boundaries will help us listen to our innate wisdom. When we tune out all the external noise and spend time alone, we can hear our inner voice. Let the people around you know what you need in order to take this time for yourself.
5. Sharing gratitude daily. Gratitude is an overlooked aspect of creating your dream life and living your purpose. People who are focused on the end goal often forget to see the beauty in all that they have already created. What you focus on grows, so start to acknowledge all the amazing things you have in your life.
6. Finding a routine that raises your vibration. When we are able to raise our vibration frequency, life starts to appear more magical and exciting. We are more happy than not, we open up new possibilities, and we have more fun. Craft a daily or weekly routine that makes you feel your best and raises your frequency.
7. Committing to growth, always. This is probably the #1 thing that determines how our life and mindset will be. When we commit to growth no matter what happens, we become stronger and more confident. We can tell that life is happening for us, not to us, and that there is nothing to worry about or fear. If you can do this, even if something unexpected happens, you will continue to get to know yourself more deeply.
Are you ready to be unstoppable? Start by getting to know the person in the mirror.
Please consider Boosting our authors’ articles in their first week to help them win Elephant’s Ecosystem so they can get paid and write more.
Read 8 comments and reply