- 1 lb block soap (olive oil, glycerin, goat’s milk are all good choices; available online or at your local apothecary)
- Molds (mini loaf pans, muffin tins or special soap molds are good choices)
- Turmeric powder (available at herbal and health food stores).
- Lemon and orange essential oils (available at your local apothecary or natural food store)
- Fresh lemon and orange
- Pretty paper (recycled gift wrap is perfect) and ribbon for wrapping
- Cut a block of soap into approximately 4″ x 2″ chunks and place in a microwave safe pitcher or bowl. Warm for 30 seconds to one minute, taking care to catch it before it foams over.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/8th teaspoon turmeric powder. Stir with a spoon until dissolved.
- Add 2-4 drops of orange essential oil until you are satisfied with the smell
- Grate 1 tsp of orange zest into the mixture and stir until combined.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,441 share If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 27,139 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 34,690 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,107 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,273 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 534 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 454 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 992 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share