- 1 lb block soap (olive oil, glycerin, goat’s milk are all good choices; available online or at your local apothecary)
- Molds (mini loaf pans, muffin tins or special soap molds are good choices)
- Turmeric powder (available at herbal and health food stores).
- Lemon and orange essential oils (available at your local apothecary or natural food store)
- Fresh lemon and orange
- Pretty paper (recycled gift wrap is perfect) and ribbon for wrapping
- Cut a block of soap into approximately 4″ x 2″ chunks and place in a microwave safe pitcher or bowl. Warm for 30 seconds to one minute, taking care to catch it before it foams over.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/8th teaspoon turmeric powder. Stir with a spoon until dissolved.
- Add 2-4 drops of orange essential oil until you are satisfied with the smell
- Grate 1 tsp of orange zest into the mixture and stir until combined.
hot on elephant
How I stopped Speed Dating my Passions & finally Committed. 235 shares She Smiles as she Cries: the Story of High-functioning Depression. 5,053 shares New Moon in Scorpio: Only those who Believe in Magic will Find It. 3,295 shares A Homemade Buddhist Ritual for Letting Go. 613 shares 10 Things to Know about Dating a Scorpio (& Why they Love Sex). 599 shares Living with C-PTSD Following an Abusive Relationship. 2,434 shares Why we must Break to Heal. 1,039 share Stop Ignoring these Connections, they can Turn your Day (or Life) around. 932 shares To my Diego: 4 Poems by Frida Kahlo that Demonstrate the Exquisite Nature of Love. 633 shares Why it’s Okay we Won’t ever have Sex. 280 shares