Spirituality as fashion or lifestyle statement.
Are you a neo-hippie/faux-Buddhist? Want everyone to know how holy you are? Read on!
2. Tattoo of OM (“it means, you know…the light inside of me bows to the light inside of you.” [See comment at bottom])
3. Lululemon as everyday wear
4. Co-exist bumper sticker on hybrid SUV Lexus
5. walk around with PVC yoga mat
6. GT’s Kombucha.*
7. email signature includes “injoi” or “all one family”
8. frequent Burning Man references: “Oh, I shouldn’t go to Whole Foods after kirtan; gotta save up for Burning Man.”
9. Half-destroyed TOMS.
10. café accessory: Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle or, cunningest of all, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism book with unbent spine.
EC: Vision Boards; sage incense; Dr. Bronner’s; Prius; Essential Oils in lieu of deodorant, cologne, perfume; altar on dashboard or sacred stuff/ feathers/ dream catcher hanging from rearview mirror, Dalai Lama or Rumi or Hafiz or Buddha quote book on toilet; live in Boulder, Berkeley, Madison, Lincoln, Lawrence, Brooklyn, Santa Monica or Venice, Austin, Ashland, Asheville, Portland, Seattle, Eugene, Flagstaff; vacation in Belize, Costa Rica, India or Tibet; subscribe to elephantjournal.com
What’d I forget?
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 428 shares September’s Black Moon: The Rare, Powerful, Feminine Goddess Lilith. 45,736 shares Will & Grace are Back after 10 years & it’s the Funniest 10 minutes of Election Commentary Ever. 15,857 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 7,508 shares The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,552 shares How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 3,445 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 2,013 shares I am Who I am Thanks to You—The 5 Most Important People we Meet in Life. 2,062 shares “I’d look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers.” 1,381 share 10 Good Reasons Not to Contact your Ex. 864 shares