#1 #green 2010 Shorty Award winner @elephantjournal can come from (way) behind—if you help.
We only have 10 days to garner 500 votes.
It’s a lot of work, so I’ve held off—and now we’re 350 votes behind. But we have 1,000s of readers—and two weeks to make up the distance from the frontrunner, who will likely have approx 500 votes by the end of voting, which is the end of January.
All you have to do, if so inspired, is have a twitter account and vote by copying and pasting, adding a reason, then tweeting:
I nominate @elephantjournal for a Shorty Award in #green bc … [then say something]
Rules below. (Note: RTs don’t count. Campaigning to win is not only okay but encouraged—the community decides. Have fun with your reason—be sweet, serious, silly, irreverent, personal…).
We can do it, if you decide to help.
How the Shorty Awards Work
The Shorty Awards are a worldwide effort to engage hundreds of thousands of Twitter users to identify the best people and organizations on Twitter.
- To vote, send a tweet like this: I nominate @TwitterUser for a Shorty Award in #category because… (add reason here)
- You can also tweet shorter votes like this: #shortyawards @username #category (add quick reason here). This shorter format is helpful if you want to vote from a party, on the road, in a meeting, or on a boat
- Be as creative as you want with the reason
- A tweet that does not give a reason for the nomination will not be counted
- The nomination must be relevant to the category
- Vote for as many different people as you want, in as many categories as you want, as often as you want
- Only one person and one category per tweet
- Voting for the same person in the same category more than once just replaces the text of your original vote; it does not count as an additional vote
- You can vote in any of the Official Categories or make up a category of your own. If a new category becomes popular, it might be turned into an Official Category with an award presented at the ceremony in March
Twitterers are welcome to campaign and encourage their friends to vote for them
L:ast year, @elephantjournal won Shorty Awards’ #1 in green in the US. Here was our interview:
hot on elephant
The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. A Letter to my Children: You do not come from a Broken Home. These People are Rare Gems—Keep Them, Fight for Them, don’t Give Up on Them. Mom, can I Call her Mom, Too? Jon Stewart makes first appearance since retiring—”it’s not your country.” Waylon shares 10 transformingly beautiful Quotes about Love. Why your Yoga Goals are (Probably) Irrelevant, if not Downright Dangerous. 40 Things I’ve Learned in 40 Years. Dear Woman in the White Car at Margaritas Mexican Grill in West Memphis, Arkansas on July 15th, 2012. How I Raise My Dying Son.