1. Nestled in the snow covered mountains and cliffs, Telluride is a breathtakingly beautiful small community of active go getters. Telluride is the home and birth place of MountainFilm, which is a testament to their awareness and desire to be the change they wish to see in the world.
2. Much like Boulder the folk here especial enjoy the company of their divine K9 partners. Among the many we found a mini-horse size dog waiting outside a Thai restaurant. This picture does not nearly do this massive animal justice.
3. Plentiful nooky coffee shops to adhere to our elephanting duties. Yesterday we posted up in between films in the back corner of Steaming Bean Coffee Company.
4. Prayer flags are abundant, giving us hope that maybe somebody, somewhere might hear us from this remote mountain town…
5. Free shwag! The Telluride community has a tradition of a “Free Box”. Applause local recycling! Every week it is cleaned out and what’s left is donated. We love this idea of sharing directly with your community and think Boulder needs one too. Also we’ve been delighted with free parking, free gondola rides, and a free beer for being part of Mountain Film!
6. Charles digs the Buddha Eyes they match his vibe…
7. This town knows…and tells it like it is…
“We Get Our Brains Washed Daily With CNN & Fox”
“Meditate..Just Do it…Gee It Really Works!”
8. Telluride’s got love for Thomas Jefferson and The Dalai Lama all in one place— Rock on. They truly embrace these two phrases with the phenomenally inspiring MountainFilm festival they host annually.
“Where Ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” — The Dalai Lama
“Every generation needs a new revolution” — Thomas Jefferson
Emily and Charles are aspiring journalist, film makers, and manifestation experts. They feel blessed with the opportunity to be at MountainFilm and suggest you look out for upcoming inspiration from them.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,423 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 27,377 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 18,210 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,091 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,270 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 501 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,890 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 438 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 940 shares