Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~Anaïs Nin
3rd chakra concerns: integrity, willpower, digestion, energy, achievement
3rd chakra essential questions:
* How do I act with strength and compassion?
* Am I speaking and behaving with integrity?
* What will I achieve today?
* How shall I express my personal power?
* Am I following a wholesome diet that is conducive to healthy digestion?
* What negative habits do I need to give up? What positive habits should I cultivate in my daily life?
3rd chakra thoughts: Start small. Start now. Discipline does not equal denial. Self-discipline is choosing health, happiness and wholeness over lazy habits and instant gratification. Ego has an endless supply of excuses. Why you must delay. Why you mustn’t evolve. Ego likes sameness. Willpower is making a difference. Maintain your truth no matter what chaos is going on all around you.
3rd chakra poem:
Breathe into your belly
Go with your gut
You have the will
You know the way
Be gentle with yourself
Yet strive for growth
Then drop all the balls
And know peace
* Uddiyana bandha (abdominal lock): exhaling and pulling the abdomen back and up
* Medium to fast sun salutations to warm the muscles, produce sweat and get a great cardiovascular workout
* Core strengtheners like boat pose (navasana), double leg lifts, plank pose, crunches and so forth
* Practice under the hot sun or near a toasty bonfire
* Light My Fire by The Doors
* 32 Flavors by Ani Difranco
* The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
* Feeling Good by Nina Simone
* The Distance by Cake
3rd chakra literature:
- Essortment: Third Chakra
- Getting out of my mind: drugs, yoga, meditation and me by Kara-Leah Grant
- An Affair I’d Like to Forget by Lynn Hasselberger
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 377 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 165 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 384 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 995 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,722 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,118 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,675 share How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,540 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 3,900 shares