Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Pot (But Were Afraid to Ask.)

Via on Jan 26, 2012
(Photo: Imgur)

I don’t smoke, but not for moral reasons.

I just find I’m enough fun with out it. I do think it’s ridiculous that it’s illegal, when alcohol–which causes far more deaths–is legal and abused by so many.

More relephant and funny commentary on  Reddit

About elephant journal

Like this article? Leave a tip!

(We use PayPal but you don't need an account with PayPal.)

Elephriends - Mindful Affiliates

17 Responses to “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Pot (But Were Afraid to Ask.)”

1. steve says:

I'd say #10 and #13 contradict each other a bit…

2. MexicanDude says:

moral reasons??? what would those be?

• Hmmm, well some people are opposed to any type of mind altering substances on the premise that it's morally wrong. I just like my brain the way it is. Still think if people want to enhance themselves, it's stupid that this is illegal when alcohol (which can be far more damaging in many ways) is legal.

3. Carl says:

Ha ha fun post…I am working to start a new MMJ testing company ( small plug for http://www.canna-test.com ) based on research and science to provide valuable information to patients about the medicinal properties…there are some serious benefits to those that need them in this PLANT!….now lets not forget that this is just a plant……

4. Lezlee says:

It's more than time they made it legal! I know loads of people who smoke dope, and have done so for most of their lives, they aren't the ones who get violent etc unlike the effects of alcohol on people. In fact I think some of them would enjoy reading this so off to share…. ;-)
    Thanks for the post x

5. I see you found you vice, Ms. newbie vegan. ;-)

6. L Chanel says:

@Kate, I didn’t smoke pot either until I was 32 and dealing with stage 4 breast cancer. Scientific evidence aside, marijuana helped all of the side effects of treatment – nausea, pain, insomnia, anxiety, anorexia. I had been taking several pharmacueticals to deal with each and every one of these side effects – literally a gallon size zip-lock bag worth. Once I tried marijuana, I was able to get rid of the zip-lock bag. Yes, marijuana is a plant; an incredible, beautiful, God-given plant that has allowed me to live my life again.

7. Bob Daniels says:

It’s the best remedy for the true gateway drugs after affects. “Hangover “

8. Absolutely! Just because something is a plant doesn't mean it's healthy. Heroin & cocaine both start as plants. I thought this was interesting enough to share. There are many reasons pro and con for using marijuana (and I choose not to) but I think there are very few good reasons for making it illegal.

9. chiara_ghiron says:

Actually, the science is pretty clear on the fact that cannabis use can precipitate psychotic crisis in predisposed subjects. I also know a lot of potheads and incidentally at least two of them developed schizophrenia and are not back from it.
    My personal advice woudl be to refrain from the use of cannabis before the age of 30. The years betwen 15-25 are the ones where predisposed subject are more at rosk to develop imbalances so I'd say if you want to smoke just wait a few years.

10. The Grateful Yogi says:

Hear, hear! From personal experience, marijuana is as effective as prescription anti-anxiety pills and depression pills without the serious side effects. No one has ever had a seizure because they stopped ingesting pot. I've had seizures stopping anti-anxiety meds cold turkey. I feel so strongly about this that I moved to a state where medical marijuana is legal. I am also raising a daughter and think she is better off learning that marijuana is helpful for many people. It should not be categorized with cocaine, heroin and all the other truly dangerous and addictive drugs. I remember the first time I smoked a joint, thinking "…they lied, this is not so dangerous. If they lied about this they must be lying about all the other drugs too." This led to my experimentation with LSD, ecstasy, mescaline; all of which probably caused my issues with anxiety and depression. We should stop lying to our kids. Marijuana is a plant, not a drug.

11. I agree, Annie. And if I had Cancer or another issue where smoking marijuana (or eating to avoid smoke health risks) was beneficial, I would be all for it. Since I don't, I abstain. I prefer to keep my mind clear as much as I can. (Although it was "fun" relaxing and helpful with my adhd to a certain extent when I was younger & experimenting.)