New “Equinox” Yoga video.

Via on Jan 23, 2012

Yoga by Equinox: the Parody.

Oh my god. I just cried and freaked out my dog I was laughing so hard.

YouTube Preview Image

Humorist Michael A. Stusser (“The Dead Guy Interviews”) spoofs the recent “controversial” yoga video from Equinox and the beautiful, inspirational and, yes, sexy Briohny Smyth. www.michaelstusser.com

~

Ahhhhh…after all the controversy, a simple laugh.

The Original.

(We published interviews and various povs on this video afterward, but this blog broke the video first nationally…well, after Reddit’s yoga section, which is truly reader-created).

Desktop/Tablet banner

About Waylon Lewis

Elephriends - Mindful Partners

190x1902-EJ-clothing

19 Responses to “New “Equinox” Yoga video.”

1. bahahaha " I just cried and freaked out my dog I was laughing so hard." YES! If I had a dog he would have been freaked out as well-good thing my kids were sleeping–I so needed this! Thanks!

2. hahahah the pillow at the end was the best!!

3. Ben Ralston Ben_Ralston says:

Hehehe, excellent. I love the bra 'prop'.

4. [...] interpretazioni di una sequenza di Astanga Yoga da parte di una donna e di un uomo. L'insegnante di yoga Briohny Smyth L'esecuzione dello scrittore Michael [...]

5. LIZ says:

That's so much better! Thank you for making me feel good about myself!

6. Meredith says:

Hilarious!

7. Eric says:

…it's about time someone objectified furry, middle-aged guys. love the gratuitous close-ups of his but-TAWKS…
    (my dog sneaks up and pokes me with squeaky toys when I try to practice in my living room…that makes it hard to take myself very seriously :)

• elephantjournal says:

Yah, why no complaints about the hungry gaze of the camera over Michael's hot, heaving, hairy torso!? ~ Waylon

• Michael says:

Seriously! How come if this was a hot, cut young guy wearing the exact same thing in the same video, it would be about sex. But since he is just normal, it is a funny parody?

• Vision_Quest2 says:

In our culture, unfortunately, the old, the stocky, the hairy, or the awkward (any or all…Jon Heder is very skinny, young and even athletic and he would have done superbly in a video like this, hardly being any more "studly" looking) …. have to be perceived through the funny filter first … then acceptability gets sprayed on.

Voila, the finished product is reality!

The portrayal – of course – was broader than it had to be … and that directed you towards funny.

8. Michael says:

Me too — I did not laugh and I thought it was beautiful! Honestly, truly, I liked this just as much as the other video. What I liked (and yes, found sexy) in both videos is the image of an individual authentically doing their practice . . . no brand names, no yoga uniform, no "teachers", etc., just the individual and his/her practice.

9. Steve says:

I agree with Michael, the original was amazing and this one also demonstrates some of their inner beauty and it also does it with some humor. Better yet!

10. catnipkiss says:

The pillow throw at the end was the best!!

11. It's actually awesome to see a video of somebody whose practice looks like mine (though, alas, I have nobody to throw a pillow at me when it's done…).

12. Sybil says:

Yeah…..I'm quite impressed with this dude. Made me smile.

13. sboyceb says:

Parody? What parody? I love it! And I so appreciate someone went through all the trouble to make it… After all the 1,000,0001 back and forths on the original video – This guy says it all –

THANK YOU!

14. Ali says:

I loved it too… beautiful!