10 Quotes to Uplift & Inspire.

Via on Apr 26, 2012
Via Things We Forget

Here are 10 of my favorite quotes to come back to when things get mucky, the rain starts to fall, and I need to feed my soul.

Add your favorites in a comment, please!

***

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ~ Anais Nin

“She took a leap of faith and grew her wings on the way down.” ~ David Brinkley

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ~ Gandhi

“You are wired for struggle… but you are worthy of love & belonging.” ~ Brene Brown

“Wake up! If you knew for certain you had a terminal illness—if you had little time left to live—you would waste precious little of it! Well, I’m telling you…you do have a terminal illness: It’s called birth. You don’t have more than a few years left. No one does! So be happy now, without reason—or you will never be at all.” ~ Dan Millman, The Way of the Peaceful Warrior

“Imagining something may be the first step in making it happen, but it takes the real time and real efforts of real people to learn things, make things, turn thoughts into deeds or visions into inventions.” ~ Mister Rogers

7.‎

“We are not called to go where it is easy and love already exists. We are called to go where we are sent and bring love with us.” ~ Anonymous

“You are a child of the universe, no less than the moon and the stars. You have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you—no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.” ~ Max Ehrmann, The Desiderata
9.‎

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ~ Nietzsche

10.
“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: ‘If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.‘ It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” ~ Steve Jobs

~
Editor: Kate Bartolotta

About Lauren Hanna

Lauren Hanna, E-RYT 200, MSS Candidate, is a social worker by day and yoga ninja by night. It was in Pittsburgh that she first discovered the thrill of yoga and her love for social welfare and animal rescue work. With her cats Lotus and Calia in tow, Lauren hopes to someday combine her love for yoga and animal welfare with her career as a social worker. Lauren likes to dream a lot about saving the world – one puppy, kitten and human at a time. Lauren also loves cobblestone streets, arts & crafts, action movies and writing books with her Grandmother. If she had a billion dollars she'd probably spend it all here. Follow her @laurenfoste.

14 Responses to “10 Quotes to Uplift & Inspire.”

1. My favorite quote was said by my daughter for the first time at 2 years of age. "Be Happy."~Emma Lammersen

2. @cutewren says:

"Everything you want, also wants you" ~ Jack Canfield

3. cerae says:

'Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.' Howard Thurman

4. Deborah Davis says:

Life is best understood backwards; but it must be lived forward.
    -Soren Kierkegaard

5. Valerie Carruthers ValCarruthers says:

Here's one of my favorites: "Anybody can be great because anybody can serve. All it takes is a heart full of grace generated by a soul full of love." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just posted to "Featured Today" on the Elephant Spirituality Homepage.

Valerie Carruthers
    Please go and "Like" Elephant Spirituality on Facebook

6. Crystal says:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." Robert Frost

7. Dace says:

"Watch your thoughts; they become words
    Watch your words; they become actions
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

8. [...] Embracing wabi-sabi in my life has naturally kindled my appreciation of the handmade. My own handmade jewellery work certainly bears the wabi-sabi traits – they are not always symmetrical, each item is unique in its own way. But from a wabi-sabi point of view, these imperfections are not…imperfect. They look as though that’s the way things should be. Perfect, in other words. [...]

9. [...] even says in her talk that you should “Watch the world conspire to support you.” Max Ehrmann wrote in one of my favorite poems that the universe is unfolding exactly as it [...]

10. @chumills says:

i have so many quotes in my life, but i like to say this to myself.

i never say that i'm pretty, but it doesn't mean that i consider myself ugly.
    i'm beautiful enough, worth enough to feel happy and proud of myself.

chumills deja vu

11. Pam says:

“If you have built castles in the sky
    Let not your dreams go to waste;
    Just build the foundations under them."
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Optimist – the one who realizes that taking a step backwards after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's a cha-cha.

12. We can either bargain, hold back, and hang onto comfort and security, or we can take a deep breath and say 'take me', and leap into the fire. -Charlotte Davis Kasl

13. Tasha says:

“When your ripe you rot, when your green you grow.”