Skip Your Morning Meditation & Watch this Instead.

Via on Apr 22, 2012

This video will do in five minutes what takes your meditation two hours.

What separates “boring” from “peaceful”?

Arguably it is the magic and beauty of innocence that emerges when we are truly open. Anyone who has practiced sitting meditation for more than a few minutes knows that you have to sit through a lot of “boring” (and sometimes worse) before the peace and magic begins.

This video of a baby’s first bath, on the other hand, cuts straight to the chase!

YouTube Preview Image

Bonus: How We Can (Quickly) Wake Up Our Minds to the Present Moment.

Read more:

15 Special Tips for My Pregnant Friends.

The Pregnant Goddess is an Electrified Being! ~ Carole Westerman

Editor: Tanya L. Markul, Photo courtesy: Kristin Luce

A mindful tip for a morning to determine our day:

About Kristin Luce

Kristin Luce is slowly going sane by using her actual life and relationships to wake up. Her quest for truth has led her through a B.A. in Philosophy, an M.A. in Buddhist Psychology, intensive retreat practice, certification as a Meditation Instructor, two life-changing relationships and two life-changing kids. She now provides in-depth coaching for individuals and couples who want profound and dramatic transformation. An avid writer, she has been featured in such publications as Mothering Magazine and The Buddhadharma, and is a regular contributor to elephant journal. Friend her on Facebook, Twitter, her website or contact her at [email protected].

255 Responses to “Skip Your Morning Meditation & Watch this Instead.”

1. alicia says:

I appreciate loving, nuturing baths, however this made me really nervous lol. Im definately NOT skipping a meditation after that. I don't understand why so much submerging was happening, or the babies head under water. Im sure she knows what shes doing, just not quite how I bathe babies.

• Bailey says:

They never fully submerged the babies head, the nose is always out of the water. Because they are used to being in liquid in the womb (hence water births) it’s quite natural and very comforting. As long as they have an airway it’s safe and great!

2. Linda says:

So amazingly beautiful. Think what the world would be like if we all started life this way. I am filled with joy and peace after watching this.

3. Laurafaun says:

this made me cry and want a baby at 56….so very gentle, kind and loving….everyone deserves this

4. Lasik says:

Wow it's really beautiful. Thank you so much!

5. […] erstes Babybad. Ein Video, daß vor einer Weile schon durch Netz ging und mir wieder begegnet ist. So schön anzusehen! […]

6. linda stephens says:

Courtney may enjoy this beautiful baby" first bath by a midwife

7. Dadto2fantasticgirls says:

What an amazing wee video! I had a good wee greet :-)

8. toofin says:

very very inspiring, certainly a must watch.

9. Adam says:

wow that was amazing, thanks for sharing!

10. Bhanu Didi says:

Nice article for those who Meditate regularly

11. Asia says:

Thank you for this. We can all hope to find such peacefulness and serenity within ourselves.

12. Turiyas says:

What a beautiful representation of tapping into the present, and remaining so calm. Thanks for sharing.

13. Ariana says:

I loved the video, yet, as a mother, it makes me incredibly sad because a nurse was granted this priviledge of giving my baby the first bath, while I, as a mother, was not.

14. tinnitus says:

This is awesome, thanks !!

15. Paul says:

I'll stick to meditation thanks

16. Amanda says:

Some days I just can't deal with people who need to find fault with everything, even something as beautiful as this. It makes me beyond weary. Really people? The expression on the baby's face alone says she's having a blissful time. Let's appreciate both the love from the nurse and the exquisite relaxation and joy in the baby's body language. If it made you nervous, or made you want to criticize, there's something for you to look at.

17. Wild flower says:

Unless water is your fear

18. kim says:

YES …… Peace.

19. 0natly says:

just beautiful.. :)

20. theholistictherapist says:

I am having an immense urge to be the nurturer and the receiver from watching this vid. There is no question. But there is an answer.. These 2 beings are both. Blessings. :)

21. AGUS M says:

22. Michael Mark michael says:

fell in love with all through this thanks

23. rOSY says:

Thank so much Mrs. Kristin Luce . This article is very amazing. I am newly married when i will get baby i want to see this video. I keep up this site .

24. hguhf says:

Beautiful and inspiring thank you

25. Sharon says:

I meditate to help me to clear my mind of 5 lost babies and the blame I have put on myself and the feelings of failure at not being a mother so to see this as a comparison to meditating was actually upsetting for me and not what I expected to see at all. Be kind for everyone is fighting a battle of some kind. Maybe I am unusual to not be able to ‘skip my morning meditation and watch this instead’ but this is due to loss and grief not something critical. It’s just not what I expected that’s all.

• elephantjournal says:

Dear Sharon,
      I'm sorry to hear about your babies. This video is not for everyone. We have many other great articles about meditation. Give a different one a try please.

26. hguhf fkhj says:

I wish I lived in a society where grandmamas passed this kind of loving, nurturing, and reverence on to their daughter and sons when they had babies

27. I have shared this on my page for my baby shop, absolutely wonderful and brings me back to when my children were small, my daughter loved the bath my son the shower, He loved the water running over him,….still does. Beautiful!

28. hguhf says:

thank you for the awesome article i do like it so much

29. Wow this is great! Thanks so much for sharing this

30. Beautiful and inspiring thank you

31. Beautiful. I wish every baby's first bath was like this. Pure love.

32. hguhf says:

Gorgeous, tender, calm, loving. I am so grateful to witness. Thank You.

33. wwwmysaudijobs says:

thanks so much for that greatarticle and usefull information.
    Jobs In Saudi Arabia

Jobs In Riyadh

Jobs In Jeddah

Electrical Engineer Jobs in Saudi Arabia

34. Ghohar says:

Thank you for sharing.

35. hguhf says:

I get that she's simulating the womb experience with all the water, but it made me nervous too. I just would worry about covering the baby's face with water like that and she seemed obsessed with submerging his/her head under the water.

36. Hanna says:

Mothers! do not allow this. This is part of what’s causing our increased lack of connection. It is important to the development of a baby, physically and psychologically that such an important, intimate bonding moment happen between mother and baby. It does more harm than good for this nurse to steal such an important, experience from both mother and baby. If she thinks it’s a valuable experience, let her show the mother. How DARE she do it herself!

37. Marisa says:

Wow so touching. You reminded me of a day when I wanted to bathe my baby and I submerged her thinking that she will hold her breath, she almost suffocated.

38. hguf says:

yes im sure correct and i will share it.

39. I don't know what's more touching the softness of the baby or the gentle caress of the woman…beautiful human contact.

40. hguhf says:

So After This Article I will ever never skip my morning meditation

41. Beautiful and veryyy inspiring thank you so much

42. rhythmoftheyear says:

I'm a midwife, mother of a preemie and have worked in sensory processing for many years. My comments reflect my experience and observation.