The more you learn…the more you realize how little you know.
I hope to learn something new every day. So far today I’ve learned that Bard Rock chickens are hardy and like New England winters, in the Nicobar Islands, coconuts are used as currency and the largest international sperm bank doesn’t allow red headed donors (thanks, Reddit).
Learning isn’t a part of life. Learning is life:
1. “I regret that it takes a life to learn how to live.”
~ Jonathan Safran Foer
2. “A learning experience is one of those
things that says, ‘You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.”
~ Douglas Adams
3. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
4. “You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.”
~ Dr. Seuss
5. “When you learn, teach, when you get, give.”
6. “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
~ Ben Franklin
7. “People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.”
~ Paulo Coelho
8. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.”
~ Michel Legrand
9. “Personally, I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.”
~ Winston Churchill
10. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
~ Albert Einstein.
Like elephant journal on Facebook
hot on elephant
July’s Full Moon in Capricorn: The Heart wants what it Wants. The 4 Stages of a Good Divorce. How to Love a Woman who Scares You. Our Soulmates are Rarely Who We Expect. I Still Think of You. Men, Let’s Stop Fooling Ourselves: Size Matters. To the One Who Tried to Break Me. An Open Letter to the Fixers. How your Stored Memories in the Amygdala can lead to PTSD. How My Sister’s Death Transformed my Self-Perception.