10 Signs You Are Truly Happy.

Via Kate Bartolotta
on Sep 13, 2012
get elephant's newsletter

happy awesome

How do we know when we’re happy?

Is it because we smile more easily, laugh more easily? Is it that we feel more relaxed and at ease? We could debate about what will and won’t make us happy, but that’s for another day.

If you want to take your happiness “temperature,” here are 10 indicators that things are going well:

10 Signs of True Happiness - Networx

Bonus: There’s something better than happiness.

Like elephant health & wellness on Facebook.

About Kate Bartolotta

Kate Bartolotta is a wellness cheerleader, yogini storyteller, and self-care maven. She also writes for Huffington Post, Yoga International, Mantra Yoga+ Health, a beauty full mind, The Good Men Project, The Green Divas, The Body Project, Project Eve, Thought Catalog and Soulseeds. Kate's books are now available on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com. She is passionate about helping people fall in love with their lives. You can connect with Kate on Facebook and Instagram.

Comments

17 Responses to “10 Signs You Are Truly Happy.”

1. Skink says:

Can I add one to the list, please? 11 isn't a neat a number as 10, but it is one louder … I mean, better:

Service to others – Selfless acts are at the root of happiness, I believe.

Selfishness breeds in the cesspools of sorrow.

2. stablebrenda says:

Beautiful thoughts on a magnificent graph. Thanks, Kate. Love your bio.

3. spiral_dancer says:

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing.

4. Kristina says:

I'm beginning to realize Kate that I'm disproportionately draw to your articles. I haven't come up with an exact statistic yet but I'll work on it 😉 Great article – simple and full of great knowledge. Thanks :)

5. julesbell27 says:

man, if i had to check a list of what happy means to find out if i'm 'happy', i'd say i wasn't very happy, or else, very competitive about said happiness. which also wd mean i am not very happy, imo.i need to meet the criteria someone else defines as happiness,to determine if i'm truly happy or not?? oh my. so much for independent thought. again. gotta read to find out if you're 'truly happy' or if you were just kidding yourself?! independent thought- lost. self-determining emotions-lost. look outside yourself to find out how you feel? no thanks.

6. Mary says:

Under unplugged: How abt texting? Seriously, how can people be in the moment and be happy if they're always texting or posting Tweets and FB updates no one really gives a s**t about? I was on a lake recently in a boat for a beautiful ride. Someone in the boat was texting- no doubt how beautiful it was. That is the multi- texting that takes us away from NOW. (and annoys others!)

7. Rajni Tripathi says:

DUDE! Awesome reminder for a stormy day here on the east coast. As usual, Elej hits the spot 😉

8. […] You’ll see the shine in your eyes if you are living your truth—if you are living with personal integrity—if the life you lead is the one that you truly want—being lived, by you, in real time—your eyes will shimmer and your heart will be full. […]

9. […] of our abilities will just flow out of us. When we are happy, our energies always function better. Ever notice when happy there is an endless energy? Even if we don’t eat, if we don’t sleep, it doesn’t matter; we […]

10. Edith says:

I guess I am happy after all. Sometimes its good to see "on Paper". It's all been in me this entire time. Thank you for the reminder.

11. sonam says:

while i love and appreciate the spirit in which you wrote, i sometimes can't help but wonder why the world is so obsessed with having to being "happy? or to the idea of only happiness? it seems to me not any different than clinging to an idea which apparently is not realistic because life is not only about happiness? truth as we see everyday, is that life is everything, highs and lows, happiness and sadness, ….and as i gather my little thoughts on that , remembering what a wise elder once said… that there is beauty in everything….when we learn to accept life as it is…..with every high there is a low,but somehow we only like the happy parts and try to hold on to it. life is not only about happiness and while pain is difficult, it is also very much part of life..and if touched deeply, can humble us….we can't really manipulate our life, by choosing only to be happy.
    i don't mean to sound like a prude, but frankly i'm not a supporter of "how to be happy", to me it just sounds like a makeup company selling a cream "how to be young" in two weeks!.., not realistic at all.

12. Jillian says:

According to this list, I should be depressed. So, not entirely trustworthy then.