Source: lars134.tumblr.com via Joⅆi on Pinterest
Skip Cosmo and Men’s Health.
It’s just the same advice month after month anyway, and most of it is useless. It would be time better spent to consider how to be a bit more civilized, a little more refined and brush up on our manners. Because after all…
Instead of recycled tips on how to be better in bed, 10 simple rules all ladies and gentlemen need to follow:
1. Be polite to everyone. Kindness costs nothing and has infinite dividends.
2. A smile goes with everything.
Source: Uploaded by user via Cara on Pinterest
3. Write letters—the real kind. It’s a dying art form.
4. Be on time. Punctuality shows the person waiting for you that you respect him.
5. “Please” and “thank you” are always in style. Use often.
Source: etsy.com via Deb’s Easel on Pinterest
6. Put down your cell phone when you are talking to another human being in person.
7. There are times when disheveled and relaxed is exactly the right thing. But when in doubt:
Source: 25.media.tumblr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
8. It doesn’t matter if you use the wrong fork or glass. It does matter if you are rude to the server.
9. Nearly everything is better in red: wine, lips, shoes, tie, toenails, roses.
Incorrect source, offensive, or found a typo? Or do you want to write for Elephant?
Kate Bartolotta is the strongest girl in the world. She is the love child of a pirate and a roller derby queen. She hails from the second star to the right. She doesn't know how to behave with all the apples and ibexes. She doesn't suffer from her eight million freckles, she loves them! She drinks her lemonade right from the jug. Like a rolling stone, Kate gathers no moss. Kate loves kale, being barefoot, Dr. Seuss, singing too loudly, gallivanting, palindromes, blackberries, Elvis Presley, magic tricks and (of course) elephants. She has been charged with (and found guilty of) overusing the exclamation point! When she's not writing, you can find her practicing yoga, running in the woods, playing with her kids, devouring a book, planting dandelions, changing the world and doing her dishes. Kate does not play the accordion. She is on her way to becoming a fabulous massage therapist, a mediocre writer and a compassionate friend to all. This year Kate aspires to finally give up on learning to knit and will instead spend that time writing for elephant journal.
Connect with Kate on