Skip Cosmo and Men’s Health.
It’s just the same advice month after month anyway, and most of it is useless. It would be time better spent to consider how to be a bit more civilized, a little more refined and brush up on our manners. Because after all…
Instead of recycled tips on how to be better in bed, 10 simple rules all ladies and gentlemen need to follow:
1. Be polite to everyone. Kindness costs nothing and has infinite dividends.
2. A smile goes with everything.
3. Write letters—the real kind. It’s a dying art form.
4. Be on time. Punctuality shows the person waiting for you that you respect him.
5. “Please” and “thank you” are always in style. Use often.
6. Put down your cell phone when you are talking to another human being in person.
7. There are times when disheveled and relaxed is exactly the right thing. But when in doubt:
8. It doesn’t matter if you use the wrong fork or glass. It does matter if you are rude to the server.
9. Nearly everything is better in red: wine, lips, shoes, tie, toenails, roses.
10. Know when it’s time to break the rules.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 1 share A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,459 share 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 43,232 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,285 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 560 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 471 shares I’m Done being your Dirty Little Secret. 974 shares Ten Things I’ve Learned from Not Getting Wasted. 1,323 share 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share Why Some Loves feel Unfinished, even After we’ve Let Go. 639 shares