Valentine Cards for You.

Via on Feb 13, 2013

kate video

There’s something wonderful about a handwritten letter or card.

We are so wrapped up in emails and texts; it’s a beautiful change of pace. When we write it down on paper, with ink, we take our time a bit more. We measure our words, twice. We stop and think.

In elementary school, Valentine’s Day is all about the cards. Well, candy too, I guess, but the cards are the key to the whole thing. Then, we grow up and it loses its charm. It become about society’s scripts for a certain day: be more romantic or adventurous with your significant other, buy expensive gifts and candy, be grumpy if that’s not what’s going on in your life.

Why not be more romantic on a Wednesday, for no reason at all? Why not give someone a flower that you picked or homemade cookies, just because you’ve thought of them? Why not allow yourself to enjoy the things that are wonderful about independence?

Celebrating love isn’t about candy, hearts or flowers.

It isn’t even all about romance, as wonderful as it is. Love isn’t something far away that we have to chase. Love is what’s inside us, all the time.

So from me to you, Happy Valentine’s Day:

Like elephant love on Facebook.

About Kate Bartolotta

Kate Bartolotta is the strongest girl in the world. She is the love child of a pirate and a roller derby queen. She hails from the second star to the right. Her love of words is boundless, but she knows that many of life’s best moments are completely untranslatable. When she is not writing, you may find her practicing yoga, devouring a book, playing with her children, planting dandelions, or dancing barefoot with her heart on her sleeve. She is madly in love with life and does not know how this story ends; she’s making it up as she goes. Kate is the owner and editor-in-chief of Be You Media Group. She also writes for The Huffington Post, elephant journal, The Good Men Project, The Green Divas, Yoganonymous, The Body Project, Project Eve, Thought Catalog and Soulseeds. She facilitates writing workshops and retreats throughout North America. Heart Medicine, Kate's book on writing, is now available on Amazon.com You can follow Kate on Facebook and Twitter

26 Responses to “Valentine Cards for You.”

1. Oh!!!! I love you too. So sweeeet.

2. jsh822 says:

Oh I absolutely adore this. Kate I heart you, too. Thank you for such wonderful hand-written message! This couldn't have come at a better time – EVERYDAY. I should watch this for a little reminder what love is about.

3. Yael says:

Much love back to you! thanks for this charming video!

4. Carolyn Riker Carolyn Riker says:

Just what I needed! Thanks!

5. julie says:

I was completely engrossed watching this, so simple yet so beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to do it. I read somewhere today, "Make the planet your Valentine", that is lovely too. This Valentines Day has brought much love to me, but without the drama of a man in tow, and that's fine by me. xx

6. Dude! Yes :) Love you Kate!!!! xoxoxo.

7. @Jenn_Lui says:

THIS. IS. AWESOME. Thanks so much Kate!!! For this and for you :) Sooooo much love to you! xox

8. Jayleigh says:

Aw, this is beautiful, Kate! Thank you!

9. Tara Lemieux Tara Lemieux says:

Oh my God – that is soooo beautiful… it made me cry (happy tears!) xo

10. Julie S. in NY says:

Thanks… I sooooooo needed this <3

11. Bryonie Wise laydowninthetallgrass says:

I love you always and I love you even more for this. Thank you. xo

12. [...] For the heart’s agility and the acrobatics of healing. (You guys, check this one out from our own Kate.) [...]

13. Alit says:

much love back at you :) thank you for a beautiful video and an inspirational attitude :)

14. karlsaliter says:

Great Film, Kate! Stumbling it…

15. [...] aren’t meant to make us feel better sitting in our nice warm houses watching television. They are meant to make us want to share that light inside with others. When we share with each other in an authentic way, we skip the fluff and offer our true selves. [...]

16. Photoshop says:

I am extremely impressed along with your writing skills and also with the structure to your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days..