The World is Unbelievable.
In Buddhism, coincidence is a thing—a sign that we’re on the right path, living mainly in the present moment.
Did you know? Consuming poppy seeds can indeed make you fail a drug test. Elephants are afraid of mice. It’s possible for a woman to get pregnant, while already very pregnant. You can get HIV twice. The darker the coffee, the less caffeine it has. So lighter roasts = more caffeine. MSG is perfectly fine to eat and has no adverse effects on your health.
Hat tip to Reddit, for far more like this:
1. When you get a kidney transplant, they often (but not always) leave your original kidneys in your body and put the 3rd kidney in your pelvis.
2. It is possible for a professional mimic to forget his own voice.
That happened to Gary Oldman, IIRC. He had to take voice training classes to regain his British accent while they were making Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, he had spent so long doing other accents on screen he’d forgotten his original voice.
Also why Christian Bale sounds like he is from nowhere when he’s actually from Wales
3. Only 10 to 13% of indexed data on the Internet is pornography. 4 times that amount is spam.
4. There used to be a flying reptile that was as tall as a giraffe.
5. We went to the moon before we thought to put wheels on suitcases.
6. The founder of match.com, Gary Kremen, lost his girlfriend to a man she met on match.com
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,407 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 22,417 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 14,739 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,074 shares How to Disentangle ourselves from Karmic Relationships that Drive us Crazy. 160 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,263 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 430 shares The 6 Best Spiritual Teachings of Wayne Dyer to help us Get Over Ourselves. 1,858 share Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 426 shares