She Let Go.

Via on Feb 24, 2014

sisters jumping

She let go.

She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear.

She let go of the judgments.

She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head.

She let go of the committee of indecision within her.

She let go of all the ‘right’ reasons.

Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn’t ask anyone for advice.

She didn’t read a book on how to let go.

She didn’t search the scriptures.

She just let go.

She let go of all of the memories that held her back.

She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward.

She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn’t promise to let go.

She didn’t journal about it.

She didn’t write the projected date in her Day-Timer.

She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper.

She didn’t check the weather report or read her daily horoscope.

She just let go.

She didn’t analyze whether she should let go.

She didn’t call her friends to discuss the matter.

She didn’t do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment.

She didn’t call the prayer line.

She didn’t utter one word.

She just let go.

No one was around when it happened.

There was no applause or congratulations.

No one thanked her or praised her.

No one noticed a thing.

Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort.

There was no struggle.

It wasn’t good and it wasn’t bad.

It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be.

A small smile came over her face.

A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore…

~ Rev. Safire Rose

YouTube Preview Image

~

Fomo:

Letting Go: What it means. How to do it.

About elephant journal

25 Responses to “She Let Go.”

1. carissa says:

I needed to read this today.
    The endless task of letting go had left me feeling exhausted this AM.
    This feels nurturing.
    Thanks!

2. Wendy says:

Was exactly what I needed as well, hit home, thanks for sharing!

3. kmzam says:

Oh holy f*ck. How timely. How appropriate. How perfect. Thanks :-)

4. Pam says:

Way to go “She”!! Now life really begins!! Congratulations to all of the “Shes” out there!

5. Sybil says:

This is one of my favourite writings.

6. Stacey says:

This is so beautiful – so raw and honest. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

7. Ashley Hook says:

8. Julie says:

Its just so simple.

9. shen says:

This moved me to tears of genuine letting go.
    I love it when that happens ~ when someone's words reach you just as you're ready to absorb them.
    Thank you!

10. B says:

Hugs…. Hugs…. Hugs!!

11. Kay Weber says:

Absolutely beautiful, and perfect timing :-)

12. Valley Blossom says:

…and no one even knew. Now that is whole, and true.

13. Arista says:

I love this! I think I should print it and frame it. It's just the kind of inspiration I need.

14. Elizabeth Burns says:

I love this… a beautiful reading

15. kristinalicia72 says:

There EJ goes again – rummaging around in my gray matter…

16. jessica says:

This made me gulp! Love it so much.

17. stacey says:

I need this inspiration on most days! I added the link to the home screen on my phone so I can view it when I need it. Where can we find more of these beautiful words?

18. KHo says:

WOW. Sometimes we make such a production of the decisions we make in our lives. But sometimes we just need to make them quietly in our minds without all the fanfare. Gosh, I really needed this today. I am so grateful for elephantjournal.com!

19. Amy E says:

Let the universe unfold as it should ~ Moody Blues

Letting go of anger, expectations, and control. Let the future begin.

20. Angela says:

This is the most beautiful poem I have read in a very long time. It so resonated with me!

21. Jennifer says:

This is how I feel waiting to die from cancer, I feel Like I'm just waiting to let go. Thank you for these beautiful words. Amen

• Stacia says:

I have this poem saved and just reread it and came upon your post. I am so sorry for your illness . Sending thoughts of peace and comfort. I am not sure of what waits on the other side of the here and now but while you are here do not just wait, be in every moment . . .

22. loulwa says:

i sent this to two friends this morning – lots of nuggets in there. i would like to share, however, that i personally find the path to be less about letting go than forging on despite it all. i recently faced my mortality – spent 4 days with a very strong chance of getting a terminal diagnosis. one would think that would be a bad thing, but it was a gift. i could finally see what i needed to prioritize in my life without a shadow of a doubt. the messages holding me back were not just from within; they were from without. even after i charted my course with my newfound clarity, a good and otherwise benign friend parroted precisely one of the messages i had been telling myself (one of the societal messages that had given me cause to not pursue my "path"). he was just giving honest feedback, which i value, while going over some artistic work, but had i not faced my mortality, i would not be able to see through it. i would, however, not have even been having the conversation i was having with him to begin with were it not for my newfound clarity so his words were harmless. when i faced my mortality, i gained something that no amount of letting go or meditation could have granted me: i finally knew what to prioritize. i don't think it is always about letting go. i think people have a path in this world and it is plum hard to find. sometimes i feel like yoga and verses like the above tell you all about what the path looks like, feels like, tastes like etc. but then the sign points you right down the wrong road. there is a certain – what i will call lobotomizing message – embedded in so much of it. such injunctions as "let go" are like "love" – these concepts are so individualized for each person and they contain so much yet are uttered as if they are one-step, universally recognized actions. so really: "no struggle, no effort, like a leaf falling from a tree"? i call that lobotomizing bullshit. though the passages above contains so much excellence it also contains the little sign pointing down the wrong road – the road of spiritual lobotomy that is the pitfall of so much of the messages articulated by the yogic and new age communities.

• Gene says:

…actually this was about letting go.

“Forging on” is different. It’s about standing up and effort. Pushing through.

Letting go is releasing negativity. The moment of releasing the burden. Exhaling, moving forward with your hands empty as you just dropped the garbage at the curb. The garbage, not the recycling :)

This is written off the cuff. I hope it’s okay.